Bluetooth - what class? 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DuckSoup, Jun 16, 2009.

1. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I am suspecting that the Bluetooth that is being enabled with 3.0 is Class 2 and not Class 1. Does anyone know for sure?

For those that do not know, class in Bluetooth primarily is a range designation.

Class 3 - like 3 feet
    Class 2 - about 33 feet
    Class 1 - 300 feet or so.

I know we do not need 300 foot range for an Ipod Touch and bluetooth headphones, but for me using headphones more than 33 feet way would be nice. I could leave the Touch in the house and work in the yard listening to it. Of course power consumption would be greater, but in all cases I would have my Touch plugged in to the PC or portable charger when using bluetooth headsets.

Mike

2. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

class 2 seems logical to me..

I have only seen a couple things about bluetooth, and just to ask a couple dumb questions: This will activate bluetooth on the iPod Touch "2nd gen" right, and also, will it activate bluetooth on the "1st gen" too even though i just sold mine? Or are you just talking about the iPod touch 3rd generation coming out in september that I expect to buy with the money I made selling my 1st gen.

3. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Yeah, I'm talking abou my 2nd gen. I have a 1st and a 2nd gen.

Mike

4. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

ok, i researched it some more, and thats cool that they'll finally add bluetooth to the iPod, that people wanted a long time ago. cant wait for my 3rd gen