Bluetooth will not "Forget Device"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ilc1971, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ilc1971 macrumors newbie

I just noticed this a couple of days ago. I was trying to reset a bluetooth watch so i tried forgetting the device on my iphone 5 (6.1. and jailbroken) but it would not forget it. I tried the other devices that i paired with and it would not forget them either. I've tried turning off the phone, bluetooth and the devices and still they are there. Any suggestions? I noticed this after the jailbreak but I hadn't tried forgetting a device in a while so I don't really know if it has anything to do with it. I did reset that same watch about a month ago and the bluetooth did forget the device. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. csunflip macrumors regular

Start it up in Safe Mode and then do Forget this Device.

Took me all morning to figure it out!

Re-pair and your in business!

3. ilc1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. csunflip macrumors regular

Sbsettings...... power....safe mode

Your jailbroken right?

5. ilc1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks that worked! Yea but i dont have sbsettings have nc settings . Thanks again.

6. applefresh, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

applefresh macrumors newbie

Kind sir,

I was having the same issue. I was about to start a painful restore on my iPhone 5. You deserve a beer!

7. bithacker macrumors newbie

Let me tell you... I had the hardest time getting my phone to forget and re-pair to my vehicles bluetooth. Even reset the settings on the phone which let me forget the device. Could not get it to re-pair no matter what.

This worked perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing this!

8. jredecop macrumors 6502a

My ipad and iPhone did this too. Is this because of jailbreak?

9. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I just encountered this this morning, thanks for bumping this thread up! Worked like a charm.

10. Jstrayy macrumors newbie

Had not thought of this until I saw your reply. You sir are a true gentleman

11. galavanter macrumors member

Not a word outta anyone about this being an old thread.

Thanks csunflip!

12. markgpearse macrumors regular

iPad Air - Forget This Device Problem

My iPad Air is not jalibroken. I updated to OS8 last week. Yesterday I traded in my 5s for a 6.

I've paired my iPhone 6 with my iPad. However, I cannot get rid of the 5s in my Bluetooth list. The forget this device is greyed out. Any suggestions for a non-jben iPad?

Thanks!

13. JonaRous, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

JonaRous macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I have paired my iPad mini to my iPhone 5s once and then updated to iOS 8 and now trying again to pair with constant failures, and not able to forget device as it's greyed out.
    None of the devices is jailbroken.

14. markgpearse macrumors regular

Had a long chat with an Apple genius over the phone. She was not able to resolve the problem. Her last recommendation was to a complete re-set, i.e., re-install iOS8, etc. Haven't done that yet. She says Apple has not heard of this problem.