Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Adaptor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by M0esmac, Sep 17, 2012.

1. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Hi guys,

I'm really frustrated when I want to play music from my MBP or iPhone and I have to have a cable hanging around all the time.

I saw this Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth. Actually, I tried one in PC World, seemed to work perfectly. I was around 50meters away trying it and playing some dubstep for people who passed that audio system. Just for fun lol

Is there any other good products like this to choose from?

Cheers

2. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

I find that for in-home use the Airport Express is more convenient than bluetooth. Its an integrated solution for OS X and iOS and it provides higher quality sound.

3. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Oh yes, but price is 2-3x bigger. Could the gen before the current one replace my router too?
    What is the model number for that?

Currently I have NetGear router which was provided with my Virgin Media Broadband. By replacing I mean connect it to my router and then disabling Wi-Fi on my old router.

4. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Yes, the previous gen can be used as a router, it was dual band, just not simultaneous. So it can replace, extend or enhance your Netgear wireless network.

I use 2 of these in my house for streamin music from Macs or iPad:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB321LL/A/refurbished-airport-express-base-station-with-80211n-and-airtunes

5. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

6. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

2.4ghz and 5ghz are all the rage these days :) its part of the standardized wireless network transmission protocols.

7. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Don't worry with bluetooth just get yourself an Apple TV.