bluetooth wireless speakers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by latestmonkey, Mar 9, 2008.

1. latestmonkey macrumors 6502

can anyone recommend a good pair? I'm using some great monsoon flat panel speakers with my mpb (almost typed pb) but i'm sick of having to disconnect the wire every time.

2. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

No such thing. Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth to handle high quality audio. You already have good speakers; use them.

3. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Not bluetooth though. Any "decent" (and I use the term loosely) pair of wireless speakers is going to use its own proprietary transmission method and not bluetooth; hence you'll still be connecting to the source with a wired 1/8" jack.

4. blimeyoriley macrumors member

5. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

6. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Emphasis mine.

None of those speakers are going to hold a candle to his Monsoons.

7. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I have an old griffin bluetrip; it was a bluetooth adapter for the ipod that came with an ipod dongle and a bluetooth receiver for your stereo. It had mini-jack out, rca, and optical. The ipod omly supports 2 channels from the dongle, but i sync my MB via bluetooth with the base, and get optical bluetooth (leopard supports a2dp finally, but not tiger) to my home theater receiver. Not sure what you want to use them for, but if you could find one (theyre discontinued but i got one for $16 on some closeout webaite) it might work for what you want.

8. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

the monsoons are pretty damn sweet. It's a shame they don't make these anymore.

Ok... how about USB speakers. Any recommendations?

9. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Go to Sharper Image, they just filed for bankruptcy and should have great sales!

10. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

interesting. i will look into it. thanks.

i assume the ipod dongle doesnt work with any of the new generation ipods?

11. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

theres two versions, the bluetrip and a bluetrip le version (packaged as bluetrip), the first was gen 1-3 with the top adapter, the le was a bottom dongle. i have the le and It works fine with my gen2 nano and my ipod touch. Uses battery power but its no big loss.

12. digigrace macrumors newbie

Wireless Speakers

Why don't you go for a Wireless Speaker System instead of relying upon the bluetooth stuffs. You can listen to you music within a specified limit (just like the Bluetooth) using a Wireless speaker. Additionally you can also connect it to your stereo system, MP3 player, CD player and a Computer or a Television. Apart from this, Wireless speakers are battery powered device & very flexible for portability.

13. phill976 macrumors newbie

macbook pro and griffin bluetrip

How do you hook up the bluetrip to a macbook pro? i can do it with my iphone no problem, but when i try to look for the bluetrip on the blutooth setup assistant on my macbook pro it doesn't find it. any ideas what i should be doing?