Bluetooth + Wireless

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by joaotomas, Jan 30, 2015.

1. joaotomas macrumors newbie

Hello everybody! I am new to the world macbook and here in the forum. I have iphone apple tv ipad and macbook now. I had the mavericks and yesterday upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.2. I saw that had been resolved the problems with wi fi and decided to delete all junk and made a clean upgrade. The problem is here! When I have the bluetooth on my internet is half! I have 30mb and only pick 15, turn off the bluetooth increases speed to 26/27. What is up? Before doing the clean install everything was ok! Use Bluetooth to answer calls on mac.
    The other problem though small is the safari does not close instantly as before. Always gives a locked only then closes the cmd + q.

Macbook Air 13 i7 8gb 128ssd

Thank you all and greetings from Portugal: D:apple:

2. cbautis2 macrumors 6502a

Apple explained this stuff here http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542
    Solution: Buy airport extreme and turn off 2.4 GHz radio

3. joaotomas thread starter macrumors newbie

Strange because only after you have installed the root is that it was so. My router is of course the internet service provider will not spend money on a airport extreme. But thanks for the reply.

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

^^^^You can turn off the router provided by the modem the ISP provides, and run the modem signal to your own router.

Lou

5. joaotomas thread starter macrumors newbie

This router never gave problems even before upgrading root was okay! But tomorrow when you have more time I connect my router and turn off the wireless this to see what it solves.