Bluetooth with second gen itouch - need help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by netrate, Nov 5, 2011.

1. netrate macrumors member

I am testing out my Motorola headsets (A2DP)- has both mic and earbuds - headset with my itouch 2nd gen. It works great when listening to music, but when I go to use the RECORD AUDIO button (the app with the microphone), it says there is no microphone hooked up to it!

My motorola headset is something I use with Skype on my PC desktop computer all the time and it works perfectly. When when I try to use it with the Ipod Itouch 2nd generation doesn't recognize the microphone inbedded in the headset - what should I do to correct this (if possible), if not, do I need to buy a mic for it?

I am hoping there is a work around for it, because all of the information that I read said that the itouch 2nd would work with skype in such a manner...

Thanks in advance.

2. irishtike macrumors member

i don't have a Motorola set, but i do have a rocketfish one with mic, i believe the bluetooth capabilities of the iPod touch are for music only. before i had my rocketfish set, i had to jailbreak it to listen to music on a mono bluetooth set. you might be able to find something in the jailbreak area that allows mic. but not on a none JB one.

3. netrate thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. Now at least I am getting somewhere. I have seen youtube videos showing the 2nd gen being used at VOIP, so I need to figure out how.

How can I tell if it is Jail Broken or not (I bought it used)?