Bluetooth won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eric052492, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Eric052492 macrumors member

Hey. So I still have a 2G iPhone and all of a sudden, the bluetooth stopped working. When I go to toggle it on, the slider automatically goes back to the off position as soon as I remove my finger. Also, as soon as this started happening, I noticed that my phone can't hold a charge overnight.. I'm not sure if these events have to do with each other but any help would be appreciated.

2. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Eric,
    my jailbroken 3GS sometimes acted the exact same way regarding the bluetooth. it was an intermittent problem, every other day or so...

I think you have 2 separate problems. the bluetooth issue is almost like some sort of sick joke the iphone plays on you. because you slide it over from settings, and it slides right back to off... this would happen from settings and from Sbsettings itself.

the fix i used was simply cycling the phone power off, then on again, and the bluetooth toggle worked.

As for your battery drain i think thats something else.

I did re-install 3.1.2 recently and that did fix the bluetooth issue for good.

3. Eric052492 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response. I recently did a settings restore on the actual iPhone which fixed my battery issue. It also let me toggle bluetooth on but it would give me the endless spinning wheel. My only idea is that maybe the iPhone keeps trying to turn on the bluetooth or something which is why my battery is draining.. The battery drainage stopped for about a day and now its back, so I know for certain it isn't a bad battery.