Bluetooth won't work on iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tomtucker, Jun 12, 2016.

1. tomtucker macrumors newbie

I got an iPhone 6s back in October. The Bluetooth connectivity never worked on that phone. I tried connecting to multiple Bluetooth speaker devices. I finally was able to take it in the Apple store Genius Bar several weeks ago. The apple employee wasn't able to get the Bluetooth working. My iPhone was replaced with another iPhone 6s. I wanted to try the Bluetooth on my new iPhone in the store but I needed to restore my backup first. The employee said that the Bluetooth will work on my new iPhone so I left. I was able to connect once to a jambox but after that the Bluetooth stopped working again. I can't connect to anything. I tried resetting network settings once but it still won't work. Wtf. I have no idea what the problem is. Am I just having bad luck with Bluetooth on these phones?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Could be you received two iPhones with intermittent BT. I would take the phone back to the Apple store where it was swapped out and have them test the BT there in the store. But first make sure that your BT is not being interfered with at home. Do you have any other BT devices at home such as a keyboard or mouse? Also, have you tried to setup a hot spot with your phone using BT?