Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Does the Bluetooth button has to be on at all times? I don't use a Bluetooth when I went to settings I notice that it was on.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it does if you plan on using a bluetooth enabled device. if you dont need to use it, turn it off so it saves battery. i no longer use a bluetooth headset for calls, as i really dont make that many calls anymore. therefore, i leave it off.

3. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Thanks for the reply.. I'm thinking that's one of the reason why my battery is not lasting long at all.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i doubt it. even if wifi is left on 24/7 and not always connected, its not gonna kill your battery that much just as bluetooth shouldnt. the bluetooth isnt as draining as you think, especially if its not actively searching for a device or communicating with one.

as i stated in the other thread, my money is that iOS 6.1.3 is whats draining your battery, just like everyone else. however, for good measure, i ALWAYS turn BT off as its not needed anyways.

5. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

You could be right about the iOS 6.1.3

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why do you think it would need to be on, are you actively using it?

7. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I don't think it needed to be on at all if I was not using it. Is that when I went to my settings I seem it on. I guess it comes on automatically when I turn my phone off and on.

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If you had Bluetooth off and you turn your phone off and back on, Bluetooth should remain off.

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it will, but when you restore an iphone or start using one for the first time, its usually on by default. and sometimes, the BT icon doesnt even show even if its on.

11. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

You are correct when the phone is been reset it turns on automatically. Tonight is a little different on my battery usage. Refurbish phones sucks big time is nothing like having the original that we get the first time.

12. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

don't break your original then :D

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Refurbs are actually better than originals since they've been thoroughly tested before being sent back out. Keep telling yourself that, or just stick with your original phone.

14. BoostDeuce macrumors member

I use Bluetooth to talk on in my truck hands free, but i'm only in my truck on my way to work and on my way home. I leave it on for the 9-10 hours that i'm at work and it doesn't seem to change my battery life if I turn it off.

15. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I was just saying because of my experience with others phone.