Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidy, May 5, 2008.

1. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Who says you can't have bluetooth on an iPod touch?

[​IMG]

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

uh the lack of hardwear is what does

3. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

Well, I was led to believe that using the touch as a phone wasn't possible but I can at least make calls with mine.

Never say something is impossible; someone will always prove you wrong.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

so how is someone going to prove us wrong when there is no bluetooth module in the ipod touch? no one is arguing that a third party port-based bluetooth module is possible. Am I the only one that is getting sick of this argument?

5. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

Well, i have both an iPhone and an iPod Touch

on such a basis i base my argument that the iPhone is better

why even spend the effort trying to make a Touch into an iPhone. work a bit more for a few weeks/month, and get the Phone

(this is based on the assumption that only students, etc, have a desire to make the Touch something it's not)

6. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

And your iPhone costs you how much every month and for how many years? At the end of two years you will have spent around $3000 on your iPhone. My iPod touch will have cost me $300.

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

8. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

maybe the OP meant to say "Who says you can have a bluetooth icon on your ipod touch?"

9. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I'm pretty sure hes talking about using his touch for a phone.

10. bloodycape macrumors 65816

So are you telling us that you don't have a cell phone? And if you do, how much you paying per year on your service not to mention the cost of the phone(that is if wasn't free). The iphone is a convergence device that allows you to carry one device instead of two. I will admit this, as a convergence device it a pretty good for what it is. Not necessarily my cup of tea, but that another thing. So now you are essentially carrying two device(that is if you have a cellphone), and only the phone has bt.

By that same token, I can also make free phone calls from my phone if I wanted to. And I don't have to do any hacks, like touch owners have to, which is the beauty of native skype app, wifi(or 3G) and bt(via a headset).

I want to say he add bt by opening the device up and installing a bt module like the bt hack for the ipod, but I doubt that one.

11. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

And I don't quite comprehend where you are getting the 3k from. I'm in Australia and my iPhone will only cost me AU$1500 (incl. cost of phone) over two years.

But really, we are being just as childish replying to your post as you were in posting it.

Well said.

12. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

As a matter of fact, I do have a cell phone. It's a Nokia TracFone that I got 4 years ago at WalMart for $14.95 and no yearly contract. I use prepay cards and pay from $60 to $75 per year.

13. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

holy crap, here's your trophy!

14. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Wait did you quote the wrong person? Or are you calling me childish of replying to his post?

15. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

lol so you're boasting with the fact that you have no one to speak with and that you're using a crap 4-year-old phone?

I'm surprised you bought such expensive device as iPod touch... why not get some cheap no-name 256 MB MP3 player and use it for 10 years?

Some people amaze me... :rolleyes:

16. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

I'm boasting for the fact that I'm not identified by my phone and that I don't have to act important by walking around all day with a phone hanging off my ear in an attempt to impress everyone around me. My friends and I speak to each other in person and none of us feel that we have to keep everyone else informed of our movements every minute of the day.

You're the person who I see holding a phone to his ear as you drive through heavy traffic. You're the person who goes out to dinner with your date/wife and spends half the time in the restaurant talking on the phone with someone else. You're the person who feels that his conversation is so important that you have to subject everyone around you with it by shouting into your phone several dB above a normal speaking volume. You're the person with the scintilating converssations such as "...we just landed and I'm waiting to get off the plane.", "... I'm at the store now, where are you?", "so I'm like, nice car, and he goes, yeah it gets 35 miles per gallon, and she's all like you should have got a red one..."

I'm sorry that my old crappy phone offends you but it serves me very nicely and I use it when I NEED to, not just to impress others.

How many phone calls do you make each day and how many of them are REALLY necessary?

17. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Wow you know nothing about me.

Sorry, get better at reading people first, then accuse them.

What was the point of this thread by the way?

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm with you on this, why brag about such a subject like this? why people want to brag going look my ipod is a phone is beyond me just accept its a sodding ipod move on and stop trying to convert it into a phone. If you want the touch with bluetooth and ability to make calls GET A iPHONE!!:rolleyes:

19. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

You might want to take your own advice. Your tone in your post, #15 in this series, is rather condescending to me.

And, the point of this thread was that I can get bluetooth function on my iPod touch. If you don't like it, then shove it and go on to another thread.

20. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

to have bluetooth function on the iPod there has to be a bluetooth module to transmit the signal all you have done is install a bluetooth application not bluetooth function, I'm sure I could easily find a repo with a bluetooth app on and install it and go wow look at me I have bluetooth but end of the day you only have a bluetooth app which doesn't require the bluetoth module to be installed so no you do not have bluetooth function.

21. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Well, there goes another Mac Rumors fan leaving the group from condescendence :rolleyes: oh well.

Seriously though, how could you think that having a bluetooth icon gave you bluetooth functionality without the hardware?

And yes, if you want the iPhone features just get the iPhone. If you want the iPhone features but can't stand AT&T :mad: then join the rest of the fence sitters.

22. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

andybno1

where in Liverpool are you? Design agency perhaps?

I'm in city centre.:)

23. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Why not unlock it?

24. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

T-Mobile isn't much of an improvement :D

Honestly, if it's not Sprint or Verizon then AT&T is 3rd in line for me. I can deal with not having insurance on the iPhone (which is an oddity that only AT&T could create) if they rollout a decent amount of 3G coverage. I love my HTC phone but WM6 is destroying that joy rather quickly.

25. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I live in walton work in town and nope no design agency work for BT