Blunderbolt! - Yes that's right

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zombierunner, May 3, 2011.

1. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

Just got told kanex xd won't work on the new imacs ... so i can't connect xbox 360 to imac like before ... pfft i ain't buying this now .. just going to wait for mac mini unless they remove the hdmi out on that and completely fu## meh!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Yes I know how that feel man, suck big time .. 2 Thunderbolt port which has identical form with MDP, you can plug it on Kanex, and pooof nothing happens. No Xbox screens or whatsoever on target display mode

Since the new TB port only support device with Thunderbolt capabilities, a.k.a no HDMI input unless your PS3/Xbox suddenly support Thunderbolt

Yeah that's why don't ever buy 3rd party accesories for your :apple: . They can lock it whenever they want. Suddenly the "Compatible with Mac" on your acc packaging doesn't mean a thing anymore

So what you're gonna do? You want to game a lot on iMac? I think 6970M is awesome GPU, just no Uncharted, Halo or bluray player gonna displayed on imac screen .. such a waste

3. Amnesiac1 macrumors 6502

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

That is actually a very good point you've brought up. The main interest I have with Thunderbolt is is there will be any AV I/O devices.

Still this is what happens when ultra new technology has been introduced without much support of devices, I can remember the same when USB was introduced...