Blur on Xbox 360: handeling dynamics?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by waloshin, Aug 15, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Blur for Xbox 360 do the cars drive and handle the same as Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4?

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being super-realistic, I would rank them....

BLUR - 2/10
    PGR - 7/10

They are very different styles of racing games. While the PGR series is a fairly realistic racer, it does lean a little bit more to the arcadey side than, say, GT of Forza. But BLUR, on the other hand, is just a straight-up arcade racer, full on. It is just Mario Kart with licensed cars. Not realistic in the slightest. So no, they don't really have any similarities, other than the use of licensed cars.

3. pooryou macrumors 65816

4. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

I only played the Beta/Demo that was on XBL, but yes, it was a ton of fun. Once you get it out of your head that you are racing real cars, and start treating it like the kart racer that it is, it is a full on riot. I liked all the variety and frequency in the power-ups and things. Seemed like at any point in the race, if you didn't have a specific power-up that you needed or wanted, there was one just around the next turn. Good times.

5. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Anyone install Blur to the Xbox 360 harddrive? If so did you see any improvement?

6. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Ok Blur handles nothing like PGR3 or 4 I don't know why Bizzare would replace the Project Gotham racing series with this, the game really sucks when your first starting out as you get the crappiest, slowest cars in the game and everyone just drives past you no competition what so ever you always dead last!

7. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

BLUR was never meant to be a similar game. They essentially made 5 games in the MSR/PGR series already, so it sort of was time to move on. Though, it really wasn't their decision to make. Microsoft owns the "Project Gotham" rights, so some people are speculating that Turn 10, the studio behind the Forza series, are going to take over for any subsequent releases in the PGR series.

The upcoming James Bond game, 007: Blood Stone, which they are developing, apparently has a good deal of driving in it. Now, I'm sure these driving sequences won't be super-realistic or anything, but they will surely be more realistic than BLUR. Like I said earlier, BLUR is just a kart racer that happens to use licensed cars. It was never intended, or even described, as being a realistic racer. And as such, to your other point, your actual driving skill doesn't matter as much as does your ability to use the power-ups correctly and accurately.

8. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    I REALLY REALLY enjoyed MSR.:D

9. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

I know, right? That game was great. A little rough, obviously, since it was their first in the series. But my buddies and I played the hell out of that in college. I loved how you could rename the "Kudos" popup text. I didn't play the PGR series enough to know if that feature stuck around. But yes, MSR was good times indeed. :)