blur

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smartalic34, Apr 7, 2007.

1. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

This may seem trivial, but how does one blur out things on a screenshot (i.e. email addresses, serial #'s, etc.)? Is Photoshop the only way?

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Photoshop will of course work, but it's not the only way. I use Fireworks for stuff like that, because that's what I have and use for other things anyway, but I wouldn't recommend getting it just for something like that. I'm not sure what free programs other than Gimp would do it. There must be something out there that's lighter weight that can do it for free. I normally recommend ImageWell for resizing and cropping and stuff, but I don't think it can blur. However, it will allow you to put blocks or other shapes over certain parts of the image, which is just as effective as blurring. ImageWell is great, it's very lightweight and it's free.

3. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

i've always used photo studio or similar app that came free with my scanner. just use the blend pencil to blur pixels for that area.

photo studio came free with my $45 canon scanner and it's a fine app.
    before that i used adobe photoshop LE that came with a microtek scanner.

they both fit the bill for what i need.

4. smartalic34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

excellent- Imagewell and Photo Studio (I have a canon multi-function) will both suit my needs. thank you... very much appreciate your quick responses