Bluray Burning in Toast 10

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Ok guys. I know this is my second thread today but I guess today is just an unlucky day.:rolleyes: After spending two days trying to export my HD video to quicktime it finally works. I create a project in Toast 10 with video and audio settings set to the max. The project fits fine on a BD-R disc as it tells me there is 723.6 MB left over. I select burn at 8X ... takes 3-4 hours to encode and the burning only takes about 1/2 hour. Anyways I pop in the BD in my Sony BDP350 ... loads to the menu and then there is nothing I can do. It just doesn't allow me to select the videos and when I press play nothing happens. So I try burning another copy this time with the settings set to automatically play movie ... it multiplexes till 50% and then gives Error -50 could not record because of a Mac OS error. Anyways I remade a new project and I am trying to burn it again. Any ideas on what might be causing this.

P.S. My BD Burner is an LG 8X Burner and my BD discs are Verbatim 4X discs

2. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Just a quick update. I never was able to play BDMV in Windows to start off with but people said that it's because Macs aren't made to. Is it possible that I have a defective drive?

3. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

If your disks are 4x how can you burn them at 8x?

4. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

My Bluray burner has 8X speeds and states that you can burn 4X discs at 8X instead. It's stated on the back of the box as being overspeed writing technology.

5. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

I wonder what kind of function you are getting out of your LG Blu-Ray in Windows at all. It would help to see a screen shot of your device manager in Windows to trouble shoot this. You should detail your ATA connections by pressing the + button. Also your OD drive details should be exposed.

The LG is a SATA drive which would be hooked up to the 2nd ODD-SATA port of your logic board. Those Sata ports are separately managed devices in 2009 Mac Pros. They will be unlikely to work unless you have AHCI mode activated. The ODD SATA ports on my 2006 board did nothing until I got them set up with the Intel Matrix Storage Driver in AHCI.