Blurays ---> iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guklein, May 20, 2012.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

Hello!

I have some blurays concerts and I want to convert them in iTunes files (High Definition) to watch these concerts in my AppleTV.

How can I do that?

Thanks!
    ;)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

1) Have a Blu-Ray Drive connected to your Mac, or the files directly from a Blu-Ray Disc.
    2) Use Handbrake to convert them to MP4/M4V, then simply drag them to iTunes.
    3) There is no Step 3.

TEG

3. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

And the handbrake will do a good job? The files in iTunes will be High Definition?

Thanks!

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes, they will, perhaps too good.

TEG

5. Quotenfrau macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

Are you really sure that Handbrake for Mac is able to crack the copy protection of BD?

99% of all BD's use AACS restrictions :mad:

6. mmcxiiad macrumors 6502

as much as I hate to say this....

....anydvd for windows is a huge help for this. Use that along with Handbrake for windows and I think you will have much better results.

Once it is coverted, then move it into itunes. If itunes is on a mac, copy it across the network or to a external drive or something to move it.

Personally I use mymovies on a windows home server. This is not a free solution, but it automates the entire process when you insert the disk. (Software rips bluray to drive, then can convert it to itunes compatible format, then spits the disk out). at this point all you have to do is put it into itunes.... which you could have run on the same windows home server... and access from any device that would connenct to iTunes running on a mac.

well, like I said at the beginning, I hate to recomend using windows... but in this case, I think it is the best tool for the process.

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I been doing it for some time now. I just converted the TNG "The Next Wave" from the BD data files, which contain the restrictions, and it was 'ripped' just fine.

TEG