Blurring Objects

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Riceater, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Riceater macrumors newbie

Need to figure out how to blur a license plate in several spots and it'll be moving so it needs to be something that can blur multiple frames. Is there any way to do it or is there anything I can download FOR FREE that will work? Torrents, etc?

Thanks for the help!

2. alph45 macrumors member

i would use after effects and create a tracking matte. fcp can do tracking mattes as well. these aren't casual apps though.

3. Riceater thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I download that? ^

I downloaded the zip file and when I unzip it it just gives some .fcfccp file that does absolutely nothing... am I missing something?

4. simsaladimbamba

It is for FCP, do you have FCP?

5. gameface macrumors 6502

BorisFX "Witness Protect" plugin which is part of their "Boris Continuum Complete" (BCC). Motion tracker built in and tons of options. Fully rendering trial for something like 14 days. Most major NLEs are supported along with AE and some SPARKS as well.

6. -DH macrumors 65816

Riceater,

You're question is useless since you didn't tell us which NLE you are using. Different NLE apps will require different solutions.

-DH

7. Riceater thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh lol. Sorry. I'm using iMovie on a MacBook Pro. Laptop is only about a year or two old at this point. I don't know what FCP is. Is this all stuff that I'd be able to download onto my macbook easily enough?

8. simsaladimbamba

FCP = Final Cut Pro.
    To get it, you have to purchase it (999 USD), though there is the smaller sister called Final Cut Express, which only cost 199 USD. But if you really want to advance in the Final Cut system, wait awhile, as FCP and FCE are about to be updated the first half of 2011. That's what we hope at least.

9. Riceater thread starter macrumors newbie

$200!? Lol.. I'm not doing this for a business just for fun. There's no way I'm spending that kind of money on editing software just for a blurring tool when Imovie works just fine.

Are there any torrents for it? I imagine this will be the route I'll have to take.

10. simsaladimbamba

Wanna get your your joy killed?

11. Riceater thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol what's a "your your joy killed"? Sorry but there's no way I'm paying $200 to $1000 for something like that. WAY OVERPRICED. I feel bad for anyone who does when there's free software readily available everywhere.

12. heron88 macrumors 6502

Many people spend that amount and much more on editing software, no need to feel sorry for them either because they are usually professionals who make profit off of such software. You asked for a program that could do what you're looking to do, many people replied giving you good suggestions. If you know there is free software available all over the place that will do what you want, than why did you ask the question? :rolleyes:

13. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

You make me laugh riceater....

Just because you don't value something, doesn't mean its not valuable!

You are here asking how to do something for free that is not simple enough to be done for free... hence the use of professional software and the price tags they have.

FCP is one of the best priced and most value for money editing packages going (well it will be once it catches up with the rest of the pack).