Blurry external monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SanderH, Jul 17, 2009.

1. SanderH macrumors member

Since a few days I've been using my fist mac ever. I'm really satisfied with my MBP 13", it's simply fantastic.

Together with my MBP I also purchased a MiniDisplayPort to DVI to hook up my external monitor. The graphics on my laptop are really sharp, especially with the glossy screen. Yet, for some reason, the graphics on my Samsung-monitor are extremly blurry. Compared to the MBP my 22" Samsung 226 BW seems to be very unsharp and lacks colour.

What can I do to fix this?

2. MTI macrumors 65816

First impression is that it sounds like the resolution settings for the external monitor aren't set correct. Have you checked the settings in System Preferences --> Displays?

3. SanderH thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I've tried tweaking the display settings but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

When I selected the "Synchronized displays"-option I couldn't select the highest resultion of my external monitor.. it just kinda stayed the same.

When I deselect "Synchronized displays" it's a lot sharper, it's exactly how it should be.. but my dock & toolbar stay on the MBP-display (which seems to be normal). I'd like to have both monitors synced, but with the same quality like when they were "unsynced".