Blurry iPad Wallpapers

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ckoerner, Oct 29, 2011.

1. ckoerner macrumors newbie

ckoerner

No matter what I do when I create a wallpaper (1024x1024) for my iPad it always appears blurry in one orientation. If I set it while in landscape it looks as sharp as can be, but when I switch to portrait it appears the OS zooms the image just a smudge - making once sharp features soft.

Is anyone else experiencing this or has figured out a solution?

Here's the image I made (feel free to use) so you can see what I'm talking about. The apple looks sharp when you set it, until you switch orientation!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/130451/ipad-color.png

2. paulcdb macrumors regular

3. xiMatt macrumors newbie

xiMatt

I don't know about you guys, but I find the picture you made fine. Landscape - perfect. Portrait - great. But in landscape, they caught off the top and bottom stripes. But that's just a little problem, not going to bother very much.

4. nordicappeal macrumors regular

nordicappeal

I looks fine from here - not sure what goes wrong!?

5. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

That image looks fine to me in either orientation as my iPad's lock screen or home screen. Have you tried resetting your device?

RTP.

6. brunophilipe macrumors newbie

Fixed the Problem

Sorry to bump this post, but I found a way to "fix" this. At least for myself.

I was trying to set a 1920x1280 image as wallpaper, and it always became blurry in the end.

I found out this happened when I set the wallpaper in landscape mode. When I set the wallpaper in portrait mode instead, it got much better in the end, both in portrait and landscape modes.

So the tip is: Set the wallpaper with the iPad in portrait mode, and see if it helps. :)