Blurry iphone photos - pictures attached

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ChelseaFC, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ChelseaFC macrumors newbie

I don't know if I was just expecting too much or what, but I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the photos I am getting from my new iphone 4s

I have cleaned lens and done everything I know to do. The photos are nowhere near what you see in sample pictures. I was going to take this camera on vacation tomorrow, but I can't with this picture quality.

I have taken about 50 photos and they all pretty much look like this

[​IMG]

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Are you tapping to focus? If so, take it back and exchange it.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

hmmm... I took 1 sample pic and emailed it to myself and it looks about the same. But mine was taken in horrible lighting using the auto-focus. It's big. I think if it were a "normal" size, it wouldn't look so bad.

Do you have any links to other sample pics that you've seen?

----------

googled "iphone 4s picture gallery" and first link:

http://www.whatthefitment.com/forums/showthread.php/689-My-iPhone-4s-picture-gallery

Now, note how the pics look in the forum but then click the yellow bar at the top of the pic to enlarge... notice the degredation in quality once they are enlarged?

----------

finally, do you own a DSLR camera? My wife convinced me that we needed a Nikkon D100 (I think?) before my daughter was born. She knows how to use it well and I don't but even the pics I take with it are stunning. If you're used to something like that (~$800 camera), it is probably an expectation thing too. At least it kinda was for me. I had to take a step back and realize that it's not an $8XX camera, its a PHONE.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Turn the flash off!

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

7. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

Is HDR on? that makes the iPhone take photos slower, and may cause blurriness!

8. sirlordcomic macrumors newbie

There is a lot of noise in the pic probably due to the lighting conditions. Can you take some pics in full sunlight or decent light? Or post some others...maybe 640x480 or 800x600 (web sizes).

9. jertronic macrumors member

10. ChelseaFC thread starter macrumors newbie

You do see a cereal dispenser, but no charms

I did a hard reset on the phone and the pictures now work great. :confused: