Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
London
hi

i own a canon ixus i and my shots often come out blurry if i dnt use a tripod how can i mimize this when not using a tripod ???

thanks

SpAtZ

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
NY
What kind of blurring? Focus or Camera shake? Post a picture. Might be your shutter speed is not fast enough. It should at least be 1/60th.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Gokhan said:
its probably camera shake cause it happens only when i use it with tripod

If you are using a tripod, then why do you have camera shake? What is your tripod sitting on? A freight train? :eek:

Low light can also be a cause for blurriness, actually... are you trying to shoot when it is dark out? In low light situations, the autofocus can fail to position itself correctly....

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
mkrishnan said:
If you are using a tripod, then why do you have camera shake? What is your tripod sitting on? A freight train? :eek:

Low light can also be a cause for blurriness, actually... are you trying to shoot when it is dark out? In low light situations, the autofocus can fail to position itself correctly....
Also, cameras with vibration reduction should have that function turned off when used with a tripod. This can cause even perfectly still photos to become blurry, due to the mechanism inside.... don't ask me how it happens though.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
pdpfilms said:
Also, cameras with vibration reduction should have that function turned off when used with a tripod. This can cause even perfectly still photos to become blurry, due to the mechanism inside.... don't ask me how it happens though.

Oh, really? I didn't know that...interesting? Maybe it's something like the fact that it looks for and tries to correct jitter, but if there is a very, very low level of jitter, it just reacts to whatever insignificant noise there is, and creates blur? Hmmmm....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.