Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quasiperfectto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
I just got the iPad 3G yesterday and thought I was going to have a HD Youtube video experience but didn't. All videos on Youtube are very blurry. Moreover, the iPhone apps that I already had on iTunes look somewhat distorted on the larger iPad screen. Is this normal or I just got one from a bad batch?

Thank you!!!

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Connect your iPad to WiFi to resolve the Youtube issue.

Cell-network limits mean you won't get high-res Youtube videos over 3G.

Quasiperfectto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
I tried it on wifi and it still looks blurry. Does it have to do with the $14.99 connection with ATT? I did not get the unlimited.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
All videos on Youtube are very blurry.

Try this next time:

Hangover%2072dpi.jpg

Seriously, sounds like you might have a bum unit if this is happening w/ WiFi or iPad apps. How is the text on iBooks. That should be really crisp. iPhone apps look like crap on the iPad.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Can't explain the Youtube problem, but a tiny bit of research before buying the iPad would explain your iPhone apps problem. When you scale the iPhone up to nearly the full iPad size, you are pixel-doubling. It isn't perfect, but it's better than not being able to use those apps at all. Get some iPad-specific apps if you want the best experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.