BMW bluetooth audio streaming anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Todthebod, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Todthebod macrumors member

I have a new BMW 550i and I see on the Idrive screen there is an option for Bluetooth audio. I click on it and it shows my phone but does nothing else. Anyone else get this working? I have the 3gs. I can get everything to work as long as long as I use the supplied cable, but I'd like to try the cordless version even though I know it's a battery drainer.

2. glen e, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

You can find it in the owners manual or stop by any dealer and any salesperson can do it in their sleep.
    - make you tube your friend:

http://youtu.be/U5q7vjbA0Hg

Your salesperson did an incomplete delivery, your phone should have been paired then by him..

3. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the vid! I must have missed that one in my youtube search. The phone was paired so I could make calls and play my playlist, etc. while it was wired. I just couldn't get the audio wireless streaming to work. I couldn't play anything from my phone's podcast section this way. The manual just said it was capable but didn't say how. Usually in the Idrive you just click on something to bring up the options. I guess this is the only thing you actually need to click on the options button for. LOL

I didn't deal with a dealer so can't blame it on them. Now on to the BMW Apps thingy.;)

4. glen e macrumors 68030

need apps as an actual option on sticker...

http://youtu.be/CtpNRqyCvB0

5. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

I see BMW Apps and Combox on there. I've downloaded the app but haven't tried it yet.