Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
My car connects to my iPhone X via Bluetooth but it doesn’t have Bluetooth audio capability. So only phone works via Bluetooth. But I’ve noticed that when I ask a Siri something like navigate to place XYZ, Siri’s answers will play via Bluetooth but when I say yes, the map directions will no longer play via Bluetooth. Is it supposed to work like this and nice I don’t have Bluetooth audio??
I assume since Siri is a part of iOS it plays over Bluetooth similar to the phone??

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
You have to go to Media - Bluetooth for music. Personally I play music via USB with my iPhone in my i3 since it sounds better.

Siri via Bluetooth for whatever reason is dumber and far less capable than asking directly on the phone.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
You have to go to Media - Bluetooth for music. Personally I play music via USB with my iPhone in my i3 since it sounds better.

Siri via Bluetooth for whatever reason is dumber and far less capable than asking directly on the phone.

As I said I don’t have the media via Bluetooth option. My BMW doesn’t have iDrive. It only has aux or USB option for playing media.

Grubster

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
As I said I don’t have the media via Bluetooth option. My BMW doesn’t have iDrive. It only has aux or USB option for playing media.

I have a 2008 bmw without audio streaming and it does the exact same thing. Siri is treated like voice. Does the same thing in my 2009 Mercedes.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Ok. After a bit of reading ordered the Tunai firefly Bluetooth receiver which fits nicely in the glove compartment. Have some good reviews on it. It should be here in a week or so. Will post it once I receive it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.