Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with this. If any of you have a BMW with iPod integration on iDrive I would love to hear what you have to say!

so yesterday out of nowhere the songs just would not play anymore. The ipod shows on the screen and I can scroll through songs but it just does not play them. When you hit the knob the song goes orange like always but it says "0:00" and stays at 0 instead of playing it with the seconds going forward.

I have tried unplugging the cables, putting a different iPod in it, checking audio settings...but it's just not helping!

any ideas on what could be wrong?

sdeldar

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Hi MarlboroLite, I did a recent google search and ran across this post because I've experience the exact same problem you described in your post.

So I was wondering if you finally figured out the issue with the iPod integration not playing songs. Any further information/suggestions you could pass along to me would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks,
Sal

sdeldar@gmail.com

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
When I run into the problem where iPods/iPhones don't work with docks, etc., I have the user reboot the device.

To do this, hold Menu and the center button until the iPod reboots. Once it's fully rebooted, then try docking it with your car.

If that doesn't work, check to make sure your dock connector is clean.

If none of that works, you probably have to reset your BMW's radio. That might require a trip to the dealer so you don't accidentally trigger your anti-theft alarm.

-Aaron-

Superman07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I don't know what model you have, but I'd check out one of the BMW forums. If it's a factory option it's likely this has come up before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.