Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Hey,

So my brother just got the iPodYourBMW adapter installed in his 330Ci Convertible and he's run accross a problem.

Apparantly there's no cable in the glovebox. The BMW rep said he has to provide that himself..what sort of cable is it? If I know I can just give it to him..I'm guessing it's a firewire to dock cable?

Does anyone who's had one of these kits installed know what sort of cable it is? I've searched around but I can't see it mentioned anywhere..

Thanks
Asif

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
I am really surprised and confused. This smells of incompetence. No cable in the glovebox? No complete instructions to show the customer how to plug in and use the iPod? Call BMW directly, their toll free number is listed on their website, and speak to someone who has a clue.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Ok, mystery solved. They charged £191 to install a 3.5mm auxilary port in the glovebox. So, it doesnt do any of the controls or charging or anything. He's not too pleased.

I wonder what BMW will do. He clearly stated iPod Adapter when he ordered it, and they agreed. Well, we'll see what happens anyway.

-Asif

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I hate car people like this, I go in because my power window won't go up (and I had to drive it 200miles to get it to the dealer) and they replace the passenger side window thing. So when I tell them to replace the DRIVER side, they tell me they don't have the parts anymore WTF?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.