BNIB Air for 1549, Should I?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Thetacoking2, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Thetacoking2 macrumors member

Im iuncluding the link here, http://www.ecomelectronics.com/Apple_MacBook Air_MB543LLA they seem like a reputable company and all, I just am weary cause I havent had too much luck on getting one before at or around this price. I was thinking of waiting for the refurb rev b on apple's site, but it would still com out cheaper to use them at the prices we have seen on other apple stores (Honk Kong and S America I think). What do you guys think? Should I do it? Pull the trigger? I got myself a nice bonus from work (US Army) and I am sure I want this, just debating if I should wait til I get back in the states, which is in about 2 months. Thanks

2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I think the rev B MBA is a great value at full price. To get $250 off further sweetens the deal. Go for it.

Congrats and best wishes with your new Mac.

Do us a favor and tell us what you think after two weeks with the rev B!

3. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Don't buy. There is no way they are legitimately selling a Rev B. MBA at that price. I can almost guarantee you that is below what the average wholesaler's cost.

If you check out all their accessories, they're priced averagely or above average. I'll guarantee you that you'll order the MBA, then get a phone call telling you you need to buy $300-400 worth of accessories for it. It'll probably not come with a power adapter, so you'll need to buy one of those. And if you refuse to buy the accessories, they'll tell you the machine is on backorder and eventually refund your money.

Its a classic cheap electronics scam I've seen time and time again.

Not only that, but their mailing address is a suite...never trust a suite, its code for "hard to trace PO box".

4. McGilli macrumors 6502

5. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

You can get that price from power-sellers on ebay with the help of the cashback :D

6. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I thought cash-back was dead?

edit: nevermind! its back!

7. bmstrong macrumors 6502a

What is cash-back?

8. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

Oh, god! A Brooklyn electronics dealer (that isn't B&H). Run like hell and go search for electronics stores in Brooklyn, you'll find some interesting reading.

This page is fun:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/