iPod boa = country grammar?!

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Ok, that's just weird... I did a search in the little toolbar bubble for "boa" (I was wondering if the US store has either the Korean J-Pop star or the British group who did the theme song for Lain), and the result I get is "Your search for "country grammar" did not match any results."

Hooba-jooba-wha?!

A search for "artists" in the same way (using the spyglass popup) apparently interprets "boa" instead as "m", searching for Albums looks up "Boys and girls", while composers, songs, and iMixes actually work properly (not finding any in the former two, and turning up a bunch of stuff in the latter).

Is this just on my iTunes, or do others see this, and what the heck kind of programming error does this?

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Hey, there are more broken searches, too... looking for "m" also turns up "country grammar", and "at" gets you "woman". Is this an old bug that I just found for myself?

Comment

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
eva01 said:
Well report it to Apple and tell them to get their act together because i want BoA on iTMS
I do too! or any K-Pop for that matter! BoA is kinda overrated though :p

Comment

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Did anybody try to reproduce this yesterday, out of curiosity? I just tried it again at home (was at work before), and it seems to be functioning almost properly... at least, a search for "boa" now turns up what it should, including "Boa (UK)", which is nice, even though it's only one album. No BoA, though, not that that particularly upsets me.

Not totally fine, though--searching for "at" or "s" is now acting as if I've searched for "\", "]", "s", or "at", depending on the category.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.