Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
As a longtime Marley fan I fully support this. Africa was at the core of every principle the man believed in. If his wife and family agree and support the move so be it.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I look at this as a personal. His wife Rita seems to have the power to move his body. So let her go ahead, just wonder why it needs to be made public. Unless she has some other motive to the move.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
virividox said:
because hes dead and his wife is making a big hubbub about nothing

She has probably been missing the limelight. Wants to get her fifteen minutes of fame again. It seems to be working. :D

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
virividox said:
because hes dead and his wife is making a big hubub about nothing

Actually, we're the one's making the hubub about it. Us and the media. She just wants to move a dead body, other people make the story (unless this is all some really, really stupid media stunt, which I doubt).

Like I said, trust me. He's really not using that body anymore. Why get all upset?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
from usdb news (link won't be good for very long)

Rita Marley Denies Reburial Plans

Bob Marley's widow Rita has denied she plans to exhume her husband's body in Jamaica and rebury it in Ethiopia. Rita was yesterday reported to be planning to rebury the reggae legend near the capital Addis Ababa, the Rastafarian movement's adopted home, as part of a month-long celebration of Marley's 60th birthday next month. She was quoted saying, "We are working on bringing his remains to Ethiopia. It is part of Bob's own mission. Bob's whole life is about Africa, it is not about Jamaica." But Rita insists her words were twisted. Desta Meghoo, a spokeswoman for the Marley Foundation, says, "She does express honestly and candidly the fact that Bob, as a Rasta man, loved Ethiopia and she would love to see the day where he is laid to rest in his father's land, and she has never been secretive about that. But we have never ever put out anything saying Bob is going to be exhumed, and returned home, and it is very painful to see something so wonderful is being twisted."

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
They should give him an iPod and stop bothering with those things, if they wanna do that, do it, I personally do not care too much, but an iPod would be awesome... :cool: ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
AmigoMac said:
They should give him an iPod and stop bothering with those things, if they wanna do that, do it, I personally do not care too much, but an iPod would be awesome... :cool: ;)

Rita would have much more use for the iPod than Bob would. It her reply is true, then this is the least that she deserves for twisting her words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.