body protectors/skins with NO GLARE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cdjdunny, Jul 6, 2008.

1. cdjdunny macrumors newbie

hello all,

so after hours of research and endless comparisons, i thought maybe someone here could resolve my question.

does there exist a macbook pro body protector / skin that does NOT have glare?

the only product that advertises ANTI GLARE, is POWER SUPPORT's LCD SCREEN protector, and unfortunately, they do not list any body skin solution on their US site. however, i discovered that on the japanese site, they have exactly what i want...
    http://www.pawasapo.co.jp/products/mac/pbf.php

here is a youtube video of it being installed, and you can see it is in fact the most invisible skin with no glare.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIkIQR_Od7I

invisible shield
    bodyguardz
    protech
    bestskinsever total body skin

all do not specify, and from the images and videos i could find on any of them, im lead to believe they do have the typical glare.....

has anyone else considered this or found anything comparable? aye, why are the most basic features often the most elusive. :confused:

thanks!

2. cdjdunny thread starter macrumors newbie

does anyone know? or care about such a feature?

thanks!

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

From my personal experience, the BSE, invisibleshield, and bodyguardz are all glossy. The nature of the flim is that it is slick and shiny, with a smooth but grippable tactile feel. It also has a kind of wavy appearance when looked at from an angle.

AFAIK, theres not really a skin that is matte finish, like I think you're asking for...

4. nephilim7 macrumors regular

5. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

the nature of skins is that they're clear plastic so all are going to be reflective to a degree. you're not going to find a skin you can't instantly notice or one that has a matte finish, honestly though i wouldn't worry about it. mbp's are pretty durable, i've not scratched mine, it gets a few marks on it but you can just wipe them off.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

That Power Support Body Skin looks amazing! I hate the glossy effect too!

If you find someway of getting one or more, tell me! :cool: