Body skins for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nyeh, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Nyeh macrumors newbie

Would it be possible to get a body skin with the corners covered as well? As of now, all the places I've looked at all seem to have the corners uncovered and that's the major place that will get scratches if dropped.

Since most of them don't have corner coverage, I was wondering if it's because it's impossible to cover the corners with the back protector. Would it end up needing quite a few pieces to cover the sides and back?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its possible, but its impossible to know what will we'll actually see.

3. Nyeh thread starter macrumors newbie

When you say "what we'll actually see", do you mean what kinds of skins we'll see? Or what the skins will let us see?

4. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

We'll have skins for both the 6 and 6+, but will have to wait until I've got my hands on the device to see exactly how we are going to template it.

The materials used for skins can wrap the phones completely, corners and all without issue, it's more a matter of the ability for an end user to do the application.

This is going to be a difficult device to wrap I think, but we'll see.

5. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

I ordered the Best Skins Ever for the 6, and they're product has always fully covered whatever device I've had. Unfortunately I will probably have the phone on the 19th and won't see the BSE until at least the 24th. I ordered the matte body and screen package.

6. caligurl, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

we have phantomskinz on our phones. the corners are covered. but there is a small "line" at each corner.

Attached Files:

7. dk206 macrumors regular

Dbrand is making iphone 6 all/part body skins

8. dajazz macrumors member

9. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

that actually looks really good. did you put it on yourself?

10. dajazz macrumors member

Yup, took about 10 minutes, I used a hair dryer to help get the skin perfect on the edges

11. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Think I am going to order the red carbon. would really like a tempered glass screen protector though so that I wouldn't have to worry as much about setting it down or shattering the screen after dropping it like 3 ft.