Body skins that cover chamfered edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jonxwilliams, Sep 28, 2012.

1. jonxwilliams macrumors member

I'm still waiting for my Best Skins Ever to arrive, but I've been thinking about the fact that it will not protect the 45-degree edge at all.

Has anyone gotten or know of a skin that is wide enough on the sides to fold over the small chamfered area?

I know it's small, and would be tough to accommodate, but I can think of times where I'd normally set my phone (in my car's cup holder for example) where I suspect it would be resting right on that edge.

2. JesalTV Guest

The chamfered edge is what dents the quickest too. Trust me.

3. jonxwilliams thread starter macrumors member

So I've read. That's why I want to get it covered so I don't live in fear of scraping my black edge all the time.

I don't want to go with a bumper, as I prefer the natural look, but so far I've only seen skins that cover the large portion of the side, and no edge protection.

4. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I don't think skins will do the trick for that. It won't protect against dents and likely it won't stay stuck to it being such a narrow surface. Your best best is to get a minimalist case.

5. jonxwilliams thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but with as easy as the black phone's scratch/scrape, I don't dare put a hard case on. And I expect it to be like my 4, where trying to put a thin case on the phone with a skin will be nearly impossible.

I'm starting to get the feeling of being between a rock and a hard place.

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

True dat...I've given up trying to keep it immaculate. As I've stated elsewhere, when selling prior to upgrading again, the difference between a "like new" item and "used" item is like $50. You can easily spend more than that on cases etc in addition to making yourself neurotic.:D

7. bobright macrumors 601

Agreed been stressing over keeping it in LIKE NEW condition like I do most of my gadgets knowing ill sell them on eBay eventually but just not worth the hassle and stress. The difference is only like you say 50-60 bucks. I did put a body skin and will get a minimalist case if the edges scratch underneath oh well. I don't have a case yet and am already sporting a couple dings but ******* it.

8. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Bought a Trident Aegis cover today which is working well with my best skins ever. Phone is still pretty thin. This case covers everything with a silicone shell and then a polycarbonate rigid plate that goes over it. So you don't have the worry of hard plastic against those edges and yet it's covered. And it works with the BSE. Something to consider.