bodyguardz application solution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by electrix, Oct 8, 2008.

1. electrix macrumors newbie

I have some unused bodyguardz skins that I'd like to apply to my phone but no application solution; what should I use as a substitute? Thanks!

2. Kaushal macrumors member

i read somewhere that a baby shampoo and water can be used

can anyone else confirm it?:)

3. UCLAkers macrumors member

oh no, no "substitute" is necessary. it's just a simple mix of baby shampoo and water. a while back there was a thread somewhere around here that talked about what to do when you run out of the initial bottle that the skins come with. when I ran out, just bought a little bottle of baby shampoo and shot a few drops into a wide bowl of water, and soaked the film in it before applying. the mixture the better. hope this helps.

4. gothemi8 macrumors newbie

According to bodyguardz you can refill the bottle with just straight water about 3-4 times and theres enough residue from the original mixture to blend . Just refill and shake and you'll be fine. They told me the ratio is 1 drop shampoo to 1 gallon water. It doesnt matter if its baby shampoo or not. I called their support line and got this information for what its worth.

5. electrix thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm... I don't have the solution bottle, nor do I have baby shampoo. Do you think regular shampoo or just some hand soap or dish soap or something would be fine?

6. m98evolution macrumors newbie

I didn't have baby shampoo either so I just used a tiny drop of dish soap and made sure there weren't too many bubbles. The install worked out great! The soap just lets you slide the plastic a little easier.

7. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

On a side note, can the bodyguard be reapplied if it has been removed fron from the iphone?