BodyGuardz Back w/ Power Support Front-thoughts, questions, etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by andrewjnyc, Aug 18, 2008.

1. andrewjnyc macrumors member

I'm protecting my iPhone 3G with the back portion of a Bodyguardz shield and a Power Support screen protector (which I purchased and applied earlier) on the front. I'm finding the Power Support protector to be somewhat smudge-prone, and the screen traction it offers on games such as Aurora Feint is pretty poor. Can anyone who's familiar with both products let me know how the BG stacks up against the PS where traction and smudge-retention are concerned? I'd truly appreciate it.

Also, I've had some of the same problems getting the corners of my BG protector to stick down that other users have reported. I was planning to get my hands on a tiny eyedropper and use that to apply distilled water with more precision than is possible w/ a spray bottle, then maybe use some kind of heavy-duty tape to press the corners down until they're finally stuck in place. Is that likely to work, or would you guys recommend that I go back to square one and take another shot at it with my extra BG protector? Or should I write the company to ask about the rumored revision of the protector on which the corners were reportedly cut in a way that makes them easier to wrap? Thanks in advance for all yr help...

2. pflau macrumors 6502

The BG front is less smudge-prone than the bare screen. I do not know how it compares to the PS because I have the anti-glare version of the PS.

That is not likely going to work. And you risk getting the heavy-duty tape residue on the skin which you will find impossible to remove. I really believe that if you press the corner down for 1-2 minutes with the corner completely dry and it does not stay down, nothing you can do would make it stay down unless you deform the skin a little with the iron method or you lift the corner and reapply it trying to redistribute the skin so the tension is not concentrated in one spot that keeps lifting.

3. iVoid macrumors 65816

One this I did when I put on my Bodygardz to keep the end flaps down is to put my belkin silicone case on while the skin dried. It kept the corners down and allowed them to affix.

Unfortunately, there's still bubbles around the corners, so I'm not sure if this method is good for everyone.

I'm planning on keeping the Belkin case on and the Bestskin is just to avoid scratches from dirt that gets under the case. So it'll work for me as is.