Bodyguardz covers the front camera

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psywzrd, Jun 30, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

For those considering Bodyguardz (I was), you should know that the front protector covers the front camera (the back protector has a cutout for both the camera AND the flash). I know some of you don't care about covering the camera up, but I certainly do and that has ruled out Bodyguardz for me. Looks like I'm going to be waiting for PowerSupport to come out with their front and back protectors (whenever that is).

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

Uhm. It shouldn't you'res must of been defective. All my cutouts are perfectly aligned.

3. arod757 macrumors newbie

Ditto.

4. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I just installed my Bodyguardz screen shield front and back:

[​IMG]

It's perfect :)

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

You have to be kidding me. I used their live chat function and asked the representative that specific question and he told me that shield covered the front camera! It would be nice if their reps knew their own product. Jeez. Glad I posted here even though I look ilke an a$$ now for posting bad information:confused::confused:.

Since you guys are chiming in now, how do you like your Bodyguardz? I see the pic posted here and even though Aaleck says his is perfect, it doesn't look very good to me (looks like I see waves or creases near the earpiece). How is it with fingerprints and dust?

7. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Finger Prints are probably about the same, maybe a little worse, than the actual glass imo. Isn't too bad for me to hate it.

I did just get done installing it just a little while ago when I took the picture so it hasn't fully dried yet so those little creases should hopefully go away but unless you're looking for them you don't notice them and the screen looks perfect when turned on...

When I tried Zagg's IS I believe it was the same way when I first installed it but I'm not sure. We'll see in another 12-24 hours I suppose :p

8. xmtgx macrumors regular

I like it cept for the fact that i screwed up and got a piece of dog hair under it :/
    Texture is nice, good clarity, though i removed the front because i like the feel of glass better.

9. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

How's the clarity and how does the screen protector feel? Is it rubbery or does your finger just glide right across it?

10. SkillsToShow macrumors regular

I use bodyguard on the front of my 2g. I had it for about 2 years and the screen protector still looks great. A lot less finger prints and it is very smooth. I like it much better with the screen protector than with the original glass.

I also had bodyguard for the back but I had to remove it as it was getting messed up around the edges with dirtiness. The new iPhone 4 should fix this problem as it has a flat back like the front.

11. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

Like others, I can confirm that the front camera is not covered.

For the feel, mine is not rubbery at all and the finger has a nice glide.

For the clarity, the screen is beautiful and clear.

12. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Awsome! Thanks for the info. Just placed an order for the full body protection on Amazon.com ($17.39 including shipping - not bad at all for 2 sets). I'm not going to use the side pieces (bumper is on its way) but it's worth it just for the front and back pieces.