Bodyguardz Fingernail Scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ooo, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ooo macrumors 6502

So lately I've been creating a lot of rainbow vertical lines. I suppose those aren't scratches but pushing down very deep into the film causing some light refractions. So anyone else getting that or is it just my nails. I tend to use the side of my finger hence my nail always seems to touch the film causing these rainbow lines. It's not bad, but it does add up. I have a total of 5-10 lines now.

2. Espo macrumors 6502

I also have had this issue. I emailed Bodyguardz, and am still awaiting a reponse. Funny thing is, I didnt press my nail on the screen intentionally nor very hard, and it looks as if the plastic was dented.

3. ooo thread starter macrumors 6502

Let me know what they say.

Mine is the same, I'm not intentionally pressing on it, I'm just running my finger through it. I use the edge of my finger to scroll because it gives me more precision.

4. stevin macrumors regular

use a power support crystal film for the front. Thats what I'm doing with a skin on the back (BSE skin but its the same thing)... Its clearer and won't scratch easier to install... just make sure you're not in a dusty room...

5. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I ordered BG because i heard it was a great skin and scratch resistant. Come to find out, its not scratch resistant at all. Every scratch shows up and its annoying. IS is truely scratch resistant and looks good. Im sendin my BG back.

6. SimplyBlue macrumors member

Guess I'm going to have to test this out and see if I should go with the Full Body Films protective skin instead. :(

7. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Isnt full body films a BG back piece and an apple anti glare front? Pretty much the same.

8. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Mine is still great. I do bite my fingernails though.

9. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Im talking more like keys against it, setting it on tables, concrete, etc......I could set my 1st gen iphone with IS skin on it anywhere and everywhere and it wouldnt scratch at all. Also, IS is grippier and a thicker skin which protects more.

10. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Sure, the IS is a slam dunk for the 1st gen phone... but the BG, IMO, is still the best of the 3G skins. I'm surprised you're having trouble with it.

11. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Not having trouble per say, but when something scratches it, the scratches show. Put it in my pocket with keys and theres a huge scratch on it. When i had the IS and did the same thing multiple times, not even a mark.

12. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Really like this company...

Got my bodyguardz in today. I haven't installed it yet but i just wanna say this company as it's crap together.

1. I called them and talked to a sales rep who was the nicest person ever on the phone (and could actually SPEAK ENGLISH which is rare now).
    2. I ordered the BG and it shipped like and hour and a half later (received it today)
    3. It has TWO clear films instead of one (NO Orange Peel effect either. perfectly clear)
    4. Has a lifetime warrenty
    5. And this isn't part of the product but it came with a copy of the receipt as well as a hand signed commitment to quality from the president of the company.

In this day and age you might see a couple of these things here and there but hardly any company does all of these.

I'm sure if any of you aren't happy with your product you will have no problem getting a refund but i'll probably stick with them. I plan on treating my phone as if it was naked in the first place. That avoids all possible carelessness on my part and i'm sure the skins will hold up just fine.

13. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Don't the fingernail lines/impressions fade away with time?

14. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Last night I did a test to see what's better, Bodyguardz or Power Support Crystal Film. Each were installed on the iPhone. I took a key to a bodyguardz and scuffed up the screen. Yes there were lines from the key, but over time and over night they all faded away. Did the same thing wit the Crystal Film and still keyed up.

I think Crystal Film does look better a little better then Bodyguardz. But bodyguardz does seem to hold up better under physical damage vs. crystal film. If you are looking for durability go with bodyguardz. If you want the clearest screen protector out there, then go with crystal film. However if you get a scratch on crystal film you will need to replace it because its very noticeable.

15. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Hey Black Mac,

could you post pictures by any chance if you took any?

16. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

No sorry I didnt. I will scracth up the phone later and repeat the test with pictures.

17. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Looking forward to some pics. Installed BG on wife's white iphone and looks great, but after reading all the stories, not sure what I'll install on my black iphone.

18. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I would install it. You are running more of a risk not installing it.