Bodyguardz for iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by streetlights, Sep 15, 2008.

1. streetlights macrumors newbie

Has anyone received/installed a bodyguardz film for their iPod Touch 2G? I'm wondering how the fit is. Any pictures or comments would be very appreciated.

2. dakine85 macrumors newbie

i ordered it last week friday....so hopefully it'll come in soon. i'll try to update once it comes in. it'll be my first experience with a bodyguardz....so i think i'll have to look up their videos on how to put it on correctly.

3. GanXta macrumors newbie

I'll have mine tomorrow, so I'll have a quick impression on Wednesday.

4. sw75 macrumors newbie

I just got mine today and put it on the front. First time applying a screen protector with adhesive.

(On my original 1G touch, I used a static screen protector from screenguardz.
    It was a huge pain trying to get all the bubbles out)

But with the Bodyguardz it went on with very few bubbles from the start.

Waiting for it to dryout now...

5. California King macrumors 65816

Can you or anyone else post some up-close pics please? I've had BSE and Invisible Shields in the past and I didn't really like how it looked.

6. GanXta macrumors newbie

I'll have pics either tomorrow or Wednesday. The mailman actually dropped it off on a second run. So, I'll put it on tonight and it should probably be cured sometime tomorrow afternoon or night.

7. California King macrumors 65816

Cool, thanks. :)

8. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Put mine on my iPod today before I shipped it back to Apple (screen scame scratched and back came dented)

I have to say I am impressed. They were much nicer than the Best Skins Ever I had used before in terms of appearance and feel.

A bit difficult to line up correctly. Base it off the power switch on top and you'll be fine.

9. Naro macrumors newbie

I have the skin, but no ipod. I can get pics of the shield not applied if you want.

10. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I disagree. I have had both and I think Best Skins Ever are just as good. You do realize they are made of the same material, right? The difference is people pay 3 times as much for the other one for the little crappy scrapper(credit card is better), the solution(which is nothing more than liquid soap and water), and instructions (which you can easily download in 5 secs.). Both apply the same way. They both protect and feel the same.

11. streetlights thread starter macrumors newbie

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics.

12. Naro macrumors newbie

Well those beat my pictures. If I get my iPod tomorrow I'll put up my thoughts too.

13. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

No there is an obvious difference in the material. I've used several Best Skins Ever and they do not feel at all the same.

14. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I have used both as well and there is no difference at all.

15. dakine85 macrumors newbie

i put the bodyguardz on my ipod last night...the front is pretty easy since it's completely flat. it's just the back that's a pain to put on. i have some bubbles, but mine is aligned almost perfectly.

i'm debating if i should take it off and try to put it on again without as many bubbles, but risk not having it line up as nice as it currently is. i'm thinking i might just leave it for now since i'm planning on keeping my ipod in a case anyway. (i just bought the bodyguardz so that the back wouldn't get scratched up from dust/crap that gets into the case)

16. streetlights thread starter macrumors newbie

Would you be able to post a few pictures?

17. dakine85 macrumors newbie

i'll try to post them when i get home tonight.

18. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

How about I'm using both RIGHT NOW and there is an obvious difference.

The BodyGuardz have much less orange peel effect than the BestSkinsEver.

19. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

so i was looking at the closeup pics and i saw that the BGs leave a little corner exposed on the back. is it big or small in reality? and how hard was the back? any specific issues?and last but not least, im envious :Di wont be getting one till X-mas! well better late than never.:rolleyes:
    -wywern209 the macrumors dark knight

20. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

MY wife has the BodyGuardz on her ipod touch. I got the Best Skins on mine and there is NO difference. I put both on. They are the same.

21. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Not saying one doesn't do the job, but yes, holding two iPods with different shields there is a visible difference.

Not to mention, they're about the same price when you factor shipping and that you get two BodyGuardz.

22. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Most people only need 1, so the other is a waste to most. Second you are wrong about the price. Best Skins is 9.99 which includes shipping. BodyGuardz is 25.00 shipped. That is a big difference considering the only thing you are getting is one extra skin which most don't need, a stupid plastic scrapper which is useless (use a credit card), and some solution which anyone can make by mixing soap and water.

There is no visible difference because the skins are the same material.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

23. gsugators macrumors member

If you have your new touch in a case (I have the new Belkin Sonic Wave silicon case), do you really need the full front and back protectors? I was thinking about only ordering one for the front.

24. dakine85 macrumors newbie

i'm not sure how close the edge of the skin is supposed to be to the headphone jack part....but the dock connector part is lined up correctly, so i assumed there was supposed to be a little bit of space.

the power button area is one part where mine is a little bit off, but it does fine as is. also, one of my corners has a slight bubble too.

i'm not posting up photos of the back/front since this part didnt seem to be the issue with this thread...mostly about fitting to the edges/ports of the ipod. (plus mine has some unsightly bubbles....but i don't really care at the moment since i'm planning to put it in a case anyway)

in the last photo you can see what shape the actual skins are like. there are only two pieces to install, but you need to be very careful how everything lines up with the volume button, dock connector, head phone jack, and power button. the corners are the real tricky part since there are little flappy parts that you need to get down correctly. mine has a little bubble at part of the curve.

i'm glad that there are two sets of skins that came with the order....i may decide to retry the back one again later.

TIPS:
    1. take your time when installing these skins, it will really help you get it on correctly.
    2. when you install the back sticker/skin...push out bubbles as you slowly lay the skin onto your ipod, don't just slap on the whole thing and try to push out the bubbles afterwards....trust me....mine didn't come out so good going that way.
    3. if you're going to pull the skin up more than once to reposition, be very careful not to pull too hard on the corner pieces as this stretches them (and there's no command+Z here)

hope this helps a little bit.

Attached Files: