Bodyguardz (full body, wet apply) MBP 15'' discussion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DutchAmerican, Jul 8, 2012.

1. DutchAmerican macrumors member

Hello guys,

On my iPhone I got the Bodyguardz (full body, wet apply) installed.
    Now I want to protect my new MBP. I do have a sleeve for it, but I don't use that much because I do not take my MBP out to work. So it has to be protected just for in my home.

Now I my eye fell on the Bodyguardz full body wet apply :rolleyes:(http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-mac...-skins-films.html?dir=asc&order=sort_priority).

But when I see this a couple of question came up to me.
    How are the corners on the back of the screen when you are applying the protector? Do you see any bubble or airstripes on the corners?
    Also, on my iPhone the strokes for the side of the device were not that cut well, what means that I had to cut it a little straight. Anyone got experience with that?

Thanks guys!:D

2. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I don't have any experience with Bodyguardz at all. My question is, if you're never taking it out of your house, how much protection does it really need? Keep food/liquids away from it, be careful when walking around with it so you don't bump into walls. Just some care in use should be protection enough, I would think. Just my opinion.

3. Tremulant macrumors newbie

I had a BodyGuardz clear protector on my Macbook for a long time and I loved it. The install was kind of tough, but the protection was top-notch and I loved the feel of it. When I installed it there were some bubbles, but they were gone within the week. As for the cut, as I recall it was cut well and fit my Macbook perfectly. I didn't have any issues there.

4. DutchAmerican thread starter macrumors member

Well, you are right. But for me one of the parts is that I still live home, although I have a good job etc. But, sometimes my Macbook is in a area where more people are and last time I found my macbook closed down with on top an iPad, 2 heavy books with metal edges, a newspaper and my adapter. So that is the reason why I want that little protection! :D

----------

Nice to hear you have such a good experience with it. Although, those prices shocked me.:eek: I didn't know it was THAT expensive. In the Netherlands it cost around 50/55 euros! (in dollars around the $65 dollars).

But hey what is 55 euros on a machine of 2000 euros.

5. TheGoodRunner macrumors newbie

Cover it up

In my opinion you should totally get yourself a protector for it, the cut is great and you can barely tell its there. The thing is, you could scratch up the original casing and be stuck with it, or scratch up a skin and just buy a new one. Theres only one way to go here. I love my Bodyguardz for my MBP and they have other skins and textures if you wanna break away from the norm. I use clearskins on my iPhone 4/S but they also have a case that you can switch out the backplates to always keep it fresh that ive heard great things about. I would definitely put on a clearskin.