Bodyguardz or Ghost armor?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by note235, Jul 13, 2008.

1. note235 macrumors 6502a

2. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

I would like to k now this as well

3. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

don't forget Invisible Shield too
    you should add that to the title

4. Haruk macrumors member

5. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

lol. ghost armor just got pwned

6. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. JackSpearo macrumors regular

come on people, is body guardz any good?

I need a clear case bad!

arghhhhh

PS, does it cover the whole screen, without any gaps?

8. mchank macrumors regular

Go for fullbodyfilms.com. It costs $15 dollars and comes with body film and two screen protectors (one glossy, one matte) that are very similar to the PowerSupport ones that you find in Apple stores for $15. I got a set for my 1st gen iPhone and its great. The screen protectors have a smooth feel unlike the ones from Bodyguardz which are the same material as the body film. That material is good for the body as it gives it extra gripe but isn't ideal for screen usage.

9. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I just ordered bodyguardz. I hope its better then IS. It seems to be by the reviews.

10. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

What's ghostarmor warranty policy? is it simliar to invisibleshield where they'll replace it as long as you send it back to them? rip, doesnt stick anymore, etc?

11. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I bought body guardz, so when I get it, I'll post my review on it
    (prolly next week)

12. lokiju macrumors 6502

I already installed a full (front and back) bodyguardz on my iPhone and just the front piece on my wife's.

The front goes on with ease, works, feels and looks great IMO.

The back was another story. It was a huge pain in the ass to try and get it to fit just right and nearly impossible to do so.

Maybe if you installed these things for a living or something you'd have the skills required to get that perfect fit every time, but when you only have 1 or 2 chances to get everything lined up just perfect and get it to wrap around buttons, holes and switches while not hindering proper usage, well I'll just say you have to be a very patient person.

I had to exchange my 3G last weekend and since you can't take the protection off and reuse it, I'm now debating ordering another Bodyguardz or giving the Ghost Armor a try. Easily I'd be happy using Bodyguardz again for the screen but am not looking forward to the struggle of covering the back and sides again.

Wow, OK, I'm sticking with Bodyguardz, I just logged back into my account and they offered a full replacement (1 front, 1 back) for $4.95 with shipping! Can't argue with that.

13. pflau macrumors 6502

I've removed and reinstalled BG quite a few times..

14. pj rage macrumors 6502

I love the look and feel of the ghost armor but it was also a bit of a pain to install the back. I think all of the skins pretty much suffer from the same problem here. I did pretty good but I had thought of a little "trick" if you will for putting it on that helped me out. I basically lined up the phone perfectly with the edge of my kitchen counter so it was perfectly parallel, facing me longways, with camera closest to me. I then took my skin's back piece, held it on either short end, made sure it was also perfectly parallel to the counter edge, and kept it parallel perfectly as I lowered it to the phone with the hole in the shield lined up with the camera. I think by keeping everything parallel it took out any alignment guesswork and I nailed it first try pretty easily. If the skin is perfectly parallel to the phone, and the camera hole is lined up, the rest of it has no choice but to be perfect.

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with either ghost armor or bodyguardz. I wouldn't buy one or the other based on people's experiences installing them as it varies from person to person and in reality, they are all about the same.