Bodyguardz Pics Request

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KDuniverse, Jul 31, 2008.

1. KDuniverse macrumors member

I ordered an invisible shield for my and my gf's iphones, but after reading the posts on here, I'm dying to see what the hype is about. I'd like to see real word pics from users on here if possible. My invisible shield went on fine, and it covers the glass fine, but after reading how much better the BG is, I have to see it!

Thanks,

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Trust me, BG isnt better. I had it on my phone. Its not scratch resistant at all. One of my keys scratched the back and the scratch is indented into the film. Plus theres all these lil scratches all over. I took it off and applied the IS. Is is waaaaay better. Search on google or youtube for bodyguardz and u will find pics and videos. Also u can search macrumors and find plenty of posts.

3. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

^^^ One persons opinion....

I should be getting my phone tomorrow and I already have the Bodyguardz. I will try to post pics if I manage to get it situated well.

4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

You want to see pictures of the invisible shield on a iPhone 3G black 16GB, I can take some if you want ?

5. KDuniverse thread starter macrumors member

Sure, I'd love to see how the back goes on. I would still like to see actual pics from users of this forum, of the BG.

Thanks,

6. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Here you go...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/DDDenniZZZ/P310708_2018.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/DDDenniZZZ/P310708_201801.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/DDDenniZZZ/P310708_2019.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/DDDenniZZZ/P310708_201901-1.jpg

Lesson's learnt from applying the IS, take your time, do not try putting the back on when you've just done the front, give it at least 10 minutes otherwise bubbles come from no where. Also don't worry if you have small airbubbles they WILL get smaller over time. The corners are most hardest bit, palming technique works, but make sure you use a lot of application fluid to give you time to center it. The corners don't stick properly especially when applying just keep doing the palming technique. Just take your time and good luck.

7. Y2JDMBFAN macrumors regular

Does it cover the chrome?

Thanks,

Y2J

8. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Becareful this guy is so biased. If you ever say something against the IS he will launch an attack on you, and say how bad the other product is.

I don't have either but I will probably go for the BG after seeing the reviews

9. stevin macrumors regular

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php

use that link and type in bodyguardz iphone 3g or something like that... there are MANY MANY MANY threads with pictures... there is actually an entire REVIEW of the install process with pictures....

10. shinenjk macrumors regular

LOL I like how he just says IS is wayyy better w/ out giving any reasons.

I went w/ the reviews and got Bodyguardz. I'm happy with it. It looks like nothing's on there. I also like the fact that it comes w/ 2 full covers. I screwed up on the back one and it has a lot of bubbles at the moment (although slowly getting smaller, disappearing) but I know I can take it off anytime and reapply the 2nd one w/out repeating my mistakes. And yes, it does cover the chrome part.

11. KDuniverse thread starter macrumors member

I did a search on BG, and didn't find any pics of what I was looking for. I don't want to see anymore reviews. I just would like to see those with the BG to take some pics and post them. I've had IS before on a SLVR and it was alright. The only thing that annoyed me was after time, the edges became unstuck from going into my pocket so much.

Anyway, thanks for those that posted and provided pics. Just would like to see some good BG pics.

Thanks,

12. stevin macrumors regular

Get a Bestskinever.com skin....

Save some chedda.

here are some crappy pics i took with my MBA camera

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      15.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      12.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:
  13. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

You have to forgive kinster. No manners. Must be the upbringing. Anyways, like i said, i HAD BG on my iphone3g since i bought it on july 11th. Its not scratch resistant like the IS is. Theres nothign wrong with calling out a skin that doesn do what it says it does. AS far as pros /cons of the IS. Pros would be thicker film with true scratch resistance, One piece back(not 2 like bse). Cons, Slight orange peel effect. I had the IS on my 1st gen iphone since i bough tit on release day and carried it around in my pocket for months and months, Bought the 3g iphoen and took the full skin off and sold the mint phone on ebay for 500 bucks.

14. philgilder macrumors 68000

I have the IS as well, and like DenniZ, the corners have not gone down properly leaving 'bubbles' on each of the corners, where the shield has not stuck down

im returning it and demanding a refund, and getting a 'FullBodyFilm' - which is a PowerSupport Crystal front and BodyGuardz back

15. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Partially covers the chrome, there is a separate strip of skin for the bottom bit of the chrome near the dock connector.

16. AirAssault macrumors newbie

Not really sure what the person was talking about BG not being scratch resistant. Any product will "scratch" under the right conditions. As far as "calling out a skin" goes, looked like Kinster was calling YOU out, no need to question his up-bringing.... Gotta love the internet bullies.

I have used BG on all my iPhones, including the 3g. The product is top notch IMHO plus lifetime replacement, how can you go wrong. It covers the chrome on the front, is pretty easy to put on, 2 covers for $20, lifetime replacement just pay shipping. Side by side pics. I carry mine naked less BG, wife has BG and pink silicone case. I don't have my 2g to show, sent that to my brother. 2g has some bubbling on bottom left as you look from the back.... this is my fault because when I put BG on, I was in a hurry and hoped the case would keep it flat. Just make sure you are in a "dust free environment" because the 2 white specs on the 3g are dust or something, can't be seen as well in "real life".... man flashes are brutal lol. I also never had my 2g in a case and the edges never came up like one person above said about another product. Take your time putting it on and making sure every edge is down, it will STAY down.

Click pics and then click the + sign for close ups. I did trim a bit of the wifes 2g before taking pics, pink silicone residue was on the BG.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another nice thing, the BG actually makes scratches "dissapear". I had a few scratches on my screen from keys in a backpack and when I put the BG on, you couldn't see them.... very cool. Other products may do the same, but I have never felt the need to try other products because BG did the job I needed it to. Don't know if it's the best, but for me it's a damn good product with super customer service and even better lifetime replacement!

17. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

SMH. Yeh im a bully because i bought the BG and it gets and keeps scratches when IS doesnt when ive had BOTH skins. Too funny.

18. KDuniverse thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the pics. Is there any way we can get some close ups of the edges, corners, where the front covers the screen, etc? I have the IS sitting here, i put it on and took it off. I'm not happy that there is a space between the front and back pieces on the chrome.

Thanks,

19. KDuniverse thread starter macrumors member

I put the IS on and wasn't happy with the corners. The way it's cut and shaped is a shame. From the looks of the BG, the corners are an improvement. Can't wait to get it now.

20. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Well measuring it on mine, I got around a 1mm gap of uncovered screen (stuck it using the top right corner to be perfectly inline).

All around the chrome I'd say there is around a 2-3mm gap where nothing is shielding the chrome(from the top to bottom of the chrome), except the bottom where there was a separate piece for the bottom bit of chrome.

21. objectuser macrumors newbie

Just applied Bodyguardz to my 3G. The front is perfect and the back looks horrible. I think most of that is just the "fog" they talked about that will dry out over time.

However, the corners are even worse. They're not sticking down at all ... looks like I did it with Saran wrap. I read the directions several times, used a ton of spray, etc. Sigh.

Glad it comes with two ... I guess I'll try it again, just wish I knew what I did wrong. Maybe I was expecting too much. :(

22. anbshilling macrumors newbie

Object user,

Did you apply the back again? I'm in the same boat as you. I did mine last night. The front look sine except for a little bit of fogging that I'm guessing will go away. The back is just awful! I know I'm going to rip it off and try again with the other BG back, but first I want to see if the bubbles disappear. I still have the back to the IS I ordered. I'm tempted to try that one too...

23. illutionz macrumors 65816

24. anbshilling macrumors newbie

I put BG on the back tonight and it looks GREAT!! Its almost perfect and it was only my 2nd try.

After cleaning the phone and using a can of air to blast whatever else off, I wet the skin lined it up with the camera then worked my way down instead of working from the middle out. I had to lift it back up a couple of times to get bubbles out, but it was easy because I SOAKED the skin which made it easy to lift. Then I spent at least 5-7 minutes on each corner. I would hold down the corner with my thumb after about 5 minutes of letting it dry. Once the corners were down pretty good, THEN I would lay the flaps down. One thing I did for one of the corners that wouldn't quite stick was tape it with a little scotch tape. I used that and a rubber band around the bezel to keep all the flaps down really good once I was finished.

Like many many others have said before, patience is definitely the key. I can't wait until it dries so I can see the finished product. One other thing that helps is working in really good light.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I never would have been able to do it without you guys! :p

25. objectuser macrumors newbie

I used up both backs. The result it terrible. So instead of trying another invisible skin product, I bought the CapsuleRebel. I left the BG on the phone and the CapsuleRebel went over it fine. I figure that even if something gets in the case it's unlikely to get to the phone.