Bodyguardz protection for back of iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ukusman7861, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ukusman7861 macrumors newbie

Can the bodyguardz protection for the back of iphone 5 be applied dry?

2. ukusman7861 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BodyGuardz., Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

Yes, it can be applied wet or dry.

Feel free to watch our installation video to learn more.

Edit: FYI the video is of the iPhone 4 / 4S, but the process is the same for iPhone 5.

4. Jasonv2 macrumors newbie

I'd like to know as well. Ordered the back & sides set with that 50% off promo. I'm only interested in protecting the back because of the aluminum piece. Every iPhone I've had the screen stays flawless and I use them nude. Very resilient glass, however the back of my iPhone 2G did get scratched up.

Edit: Good to hear!

5. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

does it cover the glass parts too? would you be able to cut it so it only covers the aluminum on the back?

6. ukusman7861 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it cover the whole of the iphone 5 back?

And who do you use to ship orders to UK An how long does delivery take to UK

7. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

It does cover the glass portion as well, but our Product Designer is looking into a protector that covers just the aluminum portion. There seems to be quite a demand for that.

----------

Yes, it does cover the entire back of the iPhone.

Our shipping options to the UK are as follows (may vary depending on products ordered and area of the UK):

UPS Mail Innovations - $12.95

UPS Worldwide Expedited - $77.77

UPS Worldwide Express - $84.80

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Anybody installed theirs yet? I have a Zagg HD on now and don't want to peel it off without knowing what these look like in real life.

9. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I "pre-ordered" on 9/13 and haven't received mine yet. Wish I could tell you how they fit. Hopefully they will show up today and I can report back.

10. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

What did you order? I ordered the ultra tough clear case friendly on the 19th and it showed up Saturday.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

The same thing, plus the same for 4/4S and the carbon fiber set for the 5... I have used them for my laptops and love their stuff. Just a little disappointed at this point since their webpage had "protected from day 1" all over it when I ordered 8 days before I got the phone...

Attached Files:

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I see you also didn't get to use one of the 50% off codes being tossed around in this thread. That could have saved you some money since you bought a few things.

13. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Yeah, must be my reward for ordering early. That thread is from the 18th. I ordered on the 13th. I did get my 20% off Advantage discount, and I found a 10% code that worked (saved me another $5 not shown in that screen shot.)

14. dach2k3 macrumors member

I received my back and sides on Saturday. I applied them both wet. Honestly it seems like it would take a miracle to line things up perfectly dry. They are very very sticky without the gel on them. I was very meticulous with the back and it had zero bubbles of any sort. I squeegied out a lot of the extra gel as well to make sure it was on flat.

Here's my issue. We are closing in on 48 hrs now and the film seems to be pulling away from the seem that exists between the aluminum and the glass at the top and bottom of the back. The film is also a bit raised around the apple logo on the back, though there is no seam to really pull away from as with the glass/aluminum junction. I will try and take pictures.

On a 2ndary note, i ordered 2 sets of films for me and my wife and i only received 1. I contacted customer service on saturday but haven't heard back yet. I expect I will today.

15. mzd macrumors 6502a

yes, PLEASE post pictures! i had a Bodyguardz skin on my old iPod touch years ago, and was pleased with it so i am considering picking one up, but i'd only be using it on the back and there aren't many pictures around yet of the back. thanks!

16. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

My only concern is whether the back film will affect putting on a case.

17. mzd macrumors 6502a

depends on the case, but most likely won't affect it. i had a Bodyguardz skin on the back of my old iPod touch and later used a neoTouch case from Switcheasy (very tight fitting case with multiple pieces fitting together) and it still worked with the BG skin on the back.

18. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Did you wet your fingers before applying the skin? That kinda stuff happens when you have a fingerprint or oil under the skin.

19. dach2k3 macrumors member

I used the gel for my application so yes my fingers were wet with the gel. It would be an incredible coincidence if the only place this was happening was right along the seam between the two materials. They are not bubbles either. They are pulling away. In about a one inch line along the top seam and in two separate half inch lines along the bottom seam.

20. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I ordered these and assumed the back would be 3 parts. I can't imagine the skin not bubbling up where the glass meets the aluminum on the back. I'd like to hear how yours hold up. I may just return my order.

21. mzd macrumors 6502a

do you know if any of the other skins have three piece backs?
    i think the issue with three piece backs would be that dirt would inevitably accumulate in the line between the sections.

22. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I just got mine today and I'm working on the first one as we speak. Give me a few! Great quality so far! Now it's about how it lays etc.

23. doctorandrew macrumors member

24. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

Well I bought 2 Sets, 4 in all and all. Can say is I wasted my money! They look terrible and are way to thick. I have always ran zagg and thought I would try these and what a mistake. Zaggs quality blow these away and for 15 more bucks they are well worth it. These are going to he trash and I'm picking up zaggs tomorrow.

25. dach2k3 macrumors member

added a photo. no clue if this is going to work as i have never done this before. you can see the two slight separations right along the seam. ok editing...

looks like the photo shows... going to attach another photo of the top. It doesn't show as well.

Attached Files: