BodyGuardz Pure HD w/ case advice - Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rankone, Dec 14, 2012.

1. rankone macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have an iPhone 5 with a BodyGuardz Pure HD screen protector, love the feel of the screen protector and have no complaints about it besides that it isn't compatible with my case, as the edges bubble up which is still tolerable as they are hidden by the case for the most part but the real issue is that one corner bubbles up pretty bad which is noticeable. My case is an Elago Flex case, I have found that the Belkin Grip Candy works with the BodyGuardz screen protector but I really like the feel of the soft touch material that the Elago Flex uses. Do you guys know of any cases that are similar to the Grip Candy but have a soft touch material like the Flex case does? Appreciate any help that I can get.
    Thanks

2. illomatic3 macrumors newbie

I have the BG Pure with Incipcio Ovrmld, and Frequency and had no issues at all.. The ovrmld is a solid case that is soft touch but it takes getting used to in terms of taking it off the phone.

3. rankone thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, I like the Incipio OVRMLD case. My only worry is about it being a Hard-Shell case, the reason being since black Iphone 5 scratches easily. I can understand that handling the case may take some getting used to but will it scratch my phone at all? How has it held up for you?

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

The Incipio OVRMLD isnt really specifically a hard shell case it's more of a hybrid style case as the inside is a softer material than the outer layer. It shouldn't scratch your phone at all.

5. rankone thread starter macrumors newbie

So I got the case today and it fits really well, it's going to take some getting used to in terms of taking the phone out but getting the phone into the case wasn't too bad. It does add some bulk in comparison to the Elago Flex case but by not too much, and added protection isn't too much of a bad thing. The feel of the case is really nice and is what I was looking for, the Elago's feel is still the best IMO but considering that this case fits better with the Bodyguardz Pure protector and has an overall better feel than the Belkin Grip Candy, I really like this case. Thanks for all your suggestions, it really helped me out, I am happy with this case.

Thanks again, appreciate all the help :)

6. Dallas2214 macrumors newbie

just ordered my BodyGuardz Pure and was wondering what everyone was using as there case thanks :D