BodyGuardz Pure Info Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rstark18, Jun 5, 2013.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

This thread is to provide info for anyone thinking of purchasing a BodyGuardz ScreenGuardz Pure glass screen protector.

A few weeks ago I decided to try out a screen protector for my iPhone 5 after noticing some micro scratches on my screen. I started out with a Tech21 ImpactShield and like almost everything about it except for the feel. I have never liked the feel of plastic screen pretectors even though the ImpactShield ALMOST doesn't feel like plastic. I thought I'd give a glass one a try. I had thought I'd get the Spigen Glas.tr but found a thread really giving praise to the BodyGuardz Pure so I decided on that. The ONLY reason I didn't go with the Spigen was because I read bad things about customer service and the Pure has a $13 replacement policy.

I have read that the Glas.tr and the Pure are exactly the same dimensions except for thickness and both were slightly smaller than the iPhones glass. Well my Noot Bumper butted up against the glass causing the bumper to buckle slightly. Even though the bumper was pushing against the glass the Pure never bubbled or lifted around the edge.

Being dissatisfied with the Noot bumper I decided to order a Monoprice bumper (because I needed a few cables anyway and they are sooo cheap) and a Mobc Bumper. I received the Monoprice bumper today and the fit is PERFECT! I actually really like the bumper and think I'll probably just stick with it instead of the Mobc (unless it is vastly better). But for the price, I don't think you can beat it.

Also, my old case was a Speck Pixelskin HD and that case actually doesn't touch the edge of the pure at all. There is a hair of a gap all the way around the glass.

BTW. I measured the Tech21 Impactshield at 53.5mm and the BodyGuardz Pure at 54.5mm across.

2. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got the Mobc bumper today. It's just slightly slimmer than the Monoprice bumper so there is just a slight gap between it and the Pure glass. If I didn't like the Monoprice so much I would've kept it.

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the updates rstark18, I was following your original comments on the Pure on the Impactshield thread. I really like bumper cases, and the 2 in you thread here look really nice. The only reason I haven't gone the bumper route, is I am only using screen shields, not full body shields. When I had my iPhone 4, I had a full body Invisibile Shield on my phone, and then a bumper and it looked awesome. I currently have the Impactshield with a Tech 21 Impact Shell (black). So I feel pretty confident with that combo as far as drops and scrapes.

I am very intrigued by the Bodyguardz Pure though, the video on their site showing the torture they put it through was really impressive.

4. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just switched to the bumper style. Before I had a Speck Pixelskin HD that I really like(d). The reason I went with the bumper is because it makes the phone feel really thin. If you end up going with a bumper I can't say enough great thing about BestSkinsEver Matte Body Skin (bumper optimized). You can't even tell there is a skin on the back.

5. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Thanks rstark18, I will keep reading this thread for any updates.