Bodyguardz rear film install on iPad (3rd gen) w/ Pics

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by miamialley, Mar 19, 2012.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

So it looks as though (from the packaging) they are using the same film for the iPad 2 on the iPad (3). The fit looks fine to me. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing it for yourselves. Just finished a few minutes ago so there is still some haze.

Attached Files:

2. drpthemc macrumors member

3. Muscle macrumors regular

Just got these. How difficult was it to align these in the rear?

4. Cingular macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can we just order the back protection?

5. GaiaAero macrumors regular

Yup! That's what I did

6. Cutterschoice macrumors member

Thank you for the pics, as for the side where a smart cover would fit, does the skin also cover that, i've been looking for a clear protector that covers where the smart cover would clip on for a little bit more protection.

7. Acat69 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had any problems with the Bodyguardz rear film and their new iPad 3rd generation (New iPad)?

I installed the rear film on March 26th on my new iPad following the instructions and using the supplied gel from Bodyguardz. Since then random grey/sliver lines are appearing between the film and the back of the iPad.

It kind of looks like stress lines on the film or damage to the finish to the iPad itself from the gel that was supplied with the rear film.

Here's a couple pics so you can tell me your thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

I wanna say those lines will fade with time. But let me ask you this, how much fluid did you use to install the thing?

9. Acat69 macrumors newbie

I used just enough of the supplied gel to position the film. I followed the manufactures instructions.

There were no lines or bubbles after the install. The lines only started appearing a couple days after the install.

10. xraytech macrumors 68020

Well that sucks. Do they have lifetime warrantee like the Zagg?

11. Acat69 macrumors newbie

I received this response from Stephanie @ bodyguardz

This was after telling them it was a brand new ipad 3rd gen.

"Thank you for sending us the image. We have never seen these lines you have on the back of your iPad, and have also never damaged a device by putting a protector on it. It is hard to tell if maybe those could be scratches that happened before you installed the protector, or if maybe they are pressure marks. If you would like you can remove the Back protector for your new iPad. You are eligible for a replacement for $4.95 which covers shipping and processing if you are interested in that. To order your replacements, log in to BodyGuardz.com with your email address and password. Once you are logged in, click on the "Lifetime Replacements" link on the right hand side of the screen. This will bring up all of the products that you can order a replacement for, and then simply add the one you need to your cart. You will be responsible for a processing fee, but this does include shipping. Each replacement kit comes with one set and a bottle of application solution if protectors are wet apply. In order to continue to be eligible for lifetime replacements, once you have received your new replacement, remove the old one from your device and send it back to us at: BodyGuardz attn: replacements 775 W. Concord Park Dr. Bluffdale, UT 84065 Please be sure to include your first and last name, email address, previous order number, and the name of the device that your BodyGuardz is for. Once we have received your old protectors we will then update your account and make you eligible for your next replacement. We appreciate your business! Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Stephanie"

12. ton123, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

ton123 macrumors member

Yeah its very apparent the skin is too small and doest reach the edge of the speaker grill and dock connector well.

I went with Bestskinever for my ipad 3rd gen. Much better cut and corner. Same quality and cheaper..

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14660862&postcount=12

13. cu2011 macrumors newbie

Yes you can.

14. Acat69 macrumors newbie

Quick update.

I removed the rear film and there wasn't any damage to my New iPad.

Since Bodyguardz wouldn't stand behind their defective product and wanted me to send another $4.95 for a replacement, I have since purchased a clear MACALLY protective back.

It locks in my red Smart Cover and protects the back from scratches.
    http://www.macally.com/en/product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=434