Bodyguardz screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Phenomkickz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Phenomkickz macrumors member

2. itzcoolz macrumors regular

i ordered the bodyguardz for iphone 4, but it hasn't arrived yet. i used it for the first time on my iPad and i was very happy with it. it seems clearer than invisibleshield, and as far as i can tell, it doesn't have the yellowing effect that happens to invisibleshield over time. i don't use my iPad nearly as much as I would use an iPhone, and i've only used it for a few months now, but for the time i've had it, i was very pleased!

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

There are certainly a few better film protectors than bodyguardz. There's no reason for 2 sets though, most companies now give you a lifetimes warranty. It's pretty cheapy in comparison to Wrapsol in my opinion. Even Invisible Shield is better. Just my opinion though.

4. Phenomkickz thread starter macrumors member

Just wondering any specifics why the bodyguardz is rated lower

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I guess there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but in my experience... Wrapsol protects better and last longer.

6. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

It doesn't rate any lower. You'll be more than happy. Only driven hyperbol by others makes it seem inferior.

Actually getting two sets of covers is a blessing for many. Even Bodygaurdz realizes the failure rate of first time appliers is high and having a second chance is appreciated. Another plus with Bodygaurdz is an automatic 20% discount on future purchases for any device they offer protection for.

7. Espo macrumors 6502

I can second this. Lets say you have to take your iPhone is for replacement/repair and you have to take the bodyguardz off. Well you dont have to wait a few days/week to get the replacement in. You can put on the 2nd film and send in the first for replacement.

I have never tried wrapsol, but I noticed they have a matte finish and I really dont want that. Bodyguardz is not noticeable at all. Mind you my experience is from a iPhone 3G, so IDK how it is on the iP4, but I know for sure I dont want my iP4 to look matte when it should be glass/glossy.

8. GameraFan macrumors regular

9. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Personally, I had BG protectors on my first-gen, 3G, and 3GS iPhones, and when put side by side against InvisibleShield, I always thought that BG looked clearer and signifcantly less (if at all) orange peel effect.

Just my 2 cents...I'm waiting for the dry apply BG to be released to order it.

10. RFR79 macrumors member

Beware

I just got my Bodyguardz package in the mail yesterday for my iPhone 4. I was extremely pissed off when open the bodyguardz box, all that was in it was the application solution and the sqeegy. No screen protectors. WTF! So I might be the exception but let me know if this happens to you too.

11. Fisher624 macrumors regular

I just installed Bodyguardz last night. I only ordered the back piece, but it included pieces to cover the sides as well. I do like it better than zagg, they install the same, but the bodyguardz seems clearer.

I will say I am having a hard time being patient while the film dries completely. I still have some haze, and two small bubbles, but according to other reviews (and the bodyguardz website), this will go away.

12. mzd macrumors 6502a

i used bodyguardz on my iPod touch. they are great. if the bubbles are small, they will go away, though it did take a few weeks. the nice thing about bodyguardz is that they dry crystal clear. you don't get the "orange peel" look that you get with some others. they hold up great, had them on my iPod over a year and there was no degradation. they do come with lifetime replacements, they just include the first one upfront.
    fyi, they are coming out with a dry application version around july 9. i'm waiting for that.

13. mzd macrumors 6502a

are you sure? the screen protectors are tucked behind the top flap on the left when you open the box.

14. pflau macrumors 6502

I just got the Bodyguardz back piece. It is excellent. The cut is precise. Dry enough to be handled in 12 hours. I don't use a skin for the screen. If I need a screen protector it's Power Support or nothing else.

The key to applying Bodyguardz is that you need to throw away that liquid they give you. Get a big cup of water, mix in some mild shampoo, stir it up to a foam, and soak the whole skin in before you apply.

15. pflau macrumors 6502

Also, another good thing about Bodyguardz is you can get replacements cheap and easy through their website. I got a replacement set for my iPod Touch just so I could use the skin for some other purpose.

16. ApplEngineer macrumors regular

Do you have a picture of it applied? Thanks

17. RFR79 macrumors member

Yes I'm sure. The inside left flap is the first placed I looked after opening. I have always purchased Bodyguardz online and never had this happen.

I spoke with their customer service today and they told me that it must have been a packaging error. So I did like most people would do and asked for a discount or some other type of compensation for this ordeal. They said they can offer me a free microfiber that they normal sell for $6. Big woop! But somethings better than nothing