Bodyguardz screen protectors ... my impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by itsjustmeee, Jul 5, 2010.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I was looking for a screen saver for some protection until PS came out in a few weeks so I ordered some Bodyguardz for wife's iphone and my iphone. We both followed the installation instructions to the letter and they've been on for 2 days now.

1. It says on in the installation video to "not worry about any small bubbles ... they will disappear after a few days". They don't. I personally spent 5 minutes working out any imperfections when I put it on only to discover a few more popped up over night.

2. I know this is a matter of personal taste, but I really dislike the look and the feel of them. It feels like I'm running my finger over a gummy bear rather than a glass screen. And it just looks tacky, overly "glossy" and seems to really be a magnet for any dust, prints, whatever.

I've been using PS for a few years now on my other iphones and I'm much happier with their anti-glare screen protectors. I'm ripping these off of my iphone asap and replacing them with the Casemate ones at the AT&T store. That will do just fine until PS comes out.

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Wow - this is very disappointing. My Bodyguardz are coming this week and I was really looking forward to getting them - now I'm not so excited. I was also just looking for something to hold me over until PS comes out with their front and back protection so I'm hoping I can deal with this for another month or however long it take PS to get their act together. I had heard good things about Bodyguardz so I'm a bit surprised to hear how bad it is.

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Bodyguardz is alright. I've used it and the material is def different. As OP had stated, the bubbles take much longer to disappear compared to BSE.

4. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was actually hoping that it wouldn't look like the Zagg protectors, even though they are both wet installations. I'm not that much into the overall look of those types of screen protectors. They look "wet", overly protected and sort of negate the beauty of the phone. The Bodyguardz looks ok when staring at the screen when it's on and not outside. But if you look at your iphone with the screen off and especially at an angle, you see all of the imperfections and that "wet, bumpy" look.

And like I said, it is just a temporary fix until the PS ones come out.