iPad BodyGuardz ScreenGuardz Pure Glass Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 6thDAY, May 23, 2014.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Has anymore have experienced with this on their ipads?

I recently went through 2 Mime Ghost glass protectors because they both had small bubbles along the edges of the screen.

I contacted their support and they replied quickly with a free replacement, but the 2nd time sucks, didn't get one word from them.

I wanna try something new, but it's quite pricey so I wanted get a 2nd's opinion.

2. Valinor macrumors member

I have one on my Ipad Air. Bought it in November and its still in perfect shape. No bubbles and its also not coming off or something.
    You could also get a Spigen Glass.t screenprotector. Have had those on 2 iphones and they were also great.
    There is a 25% discount on everything on spigen.com until May 26th. Saves you alot on the screenprotector.
    Couponcode MEM2014

3. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

2 questions for you regarding the ipad air:

1. Is there any air bubbles along the edges of the screen with the pure?

2. How is the oleophobic coating?

I watched this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cywTXsYxxuY

According to the reviewer, the fingerprints disappeared when you touch the screen.

Do you have the same experience?

4. Valinor macrumors member

1 Nope no bubbles on the edges. Its still in the same condition as the first day I put it on.
    But I must say that I'm really gentle with my ipad. Have a back shell and a smart cover and always put my ipad in a sleeve.
    2 fingerprints and smudges are visible. Oleophobic coating is same as all other tempered glass screenprotectors. Didn't really notice any differences between different brands and their oleophobic coatings. Smudges dont magically disappear :p
    3 a friend of mine has put a Bodyguardz pure on his iphone 5 and he has a few scratches on the screenprotector now. He always used spigen glass screenprotectors before and according to him, those are better scratchproof.
    I myself cant really compare cause my ipad is also protected with a smart cover and im really carefull with it. Not like my phone :p

Also, noticed that Zagg has a 50% discount on their glass screenprotectors. The Ipad Air Glass is 25 euros. Never had one before but the price is way cheaper then bodyguardz or spigen glass protectors so maybe worth a try.

5. ZipZap macrumors 603

I would stick with the pure. Better replacement policy.
    Also, these protects add weight. For the iPad Air, I skipped.

6. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I had the Pure on my iPad Air as soon as Bodyguardz released it...until today. Bodyguardz makes a great product, but it's overpriced and the replacement policy is also overpriced.

I just put a Zagg InvisibleShield Glass on my iPad Air and it's freakin' awesome. I had a Pure on my iPhone 5S until Zagg came out with that as well...replaced that too and won't look back. The oleophobic coating on the Zagg is EXTREMELY smooth and the edges and around the home button are rounded rather than sqauare. It makes it feel like there's nothing on the iPad.

The BG Pure retails for $79.99, which is REDICULOUS. You can wait for deals, but I still paid $39.99 on Black Friday. The Zagg Glass retails for $49.99, but I purchased over Memorial Day weekend for $24.99. Zagg & BG have deals from time to time, but not that often.

Now the replacement policy. BG will replace your Pure for $29.99, no questions asked. You simply have to return the "bad" Pure to them (at your cost) in order to keep the warranty maintained. Zagg, however replaces the Glass for FREE for LIFE, no questions asked. You have to return the Glass (at your cost) in order to keep the warranty maintained.

Personally, retail price aside, the Zagg Glass blows BG out of the water simply with the warranty. However, with the cheaper retail price as well...I think it's a no-brainer.

I liked the Pure...I LOVE the Zagg Glass. I steer anyone I can toward Zagg...I've used their products since my iPhone 1...and their warranty has ALWAYS been second to none. The only reason I went BG was because Zagg didn't offer a glass protector at the time. Now I'm back with Zagg.

(Just so everyone knows...I don't work for Zagg. Just love their products. They've treated me EXTREMELY well over the years and their products are awesome. To be fair, BG has also treated me EXTREMELY well.)

Just my $.02. :)

7. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the review.

I just received my BG glass but will most likely sell it on craigslist. I ordered the Zagg glass during the 50% discount due to the warranty and my friend just got one for his S5, and it feels really nice.

Hopefully they ship soon :)

8. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

wanted to add my experience to this thread regarding Bodyguardz Pure Glass.

I picked them because they were the only ones who offered an anti-glare version of glass (during my quick search of popular vendor names i recognized).

this product is awesome. I wouldnt normally use a screen protector on an ipad but my ipad mini 3 LTE is used as my vehicles primary AV Navi interface in the dash. so i needed something to resist glare and fingerprints. this product does an excellent job at both.

you do lose some screen crispness with the antiglare coating but thats to be expected with such a coating. no fingerprints and it seems durable.

the best part about this product was the application. i was expecting a total pain in the rear, as doing an iphone can be pretty painstaking process. the bodyguardz product ships to you built into its installation template / jig.

you simply peel off the panel after making sure the ipad screen is free of contaminates, drop it on, and pull it off. it applies 100% perfect. it took roughly 20 seconds for a perfect install. i wish they made something like that for the phone!

i bought the iLoome as well but after seeing this one i never bothered installing the iloome.

the bodyguardz wasnt cheap, about $45 for the mini...

9. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Want to sell the iLoome?