BodyGuardZ Suck

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brandon2886, Feb 9, 2011.

1. brandon2886 macrumors newbie

I received my BodyguardZ today for my new ViP4. They suck I'm returning them right away. They are the worst I've seen, virtually impossible to put on without bubbles. I tried twice with the back and once with the front. I did it in the bathroom with the shower running too. I had better luck with the cheep one that came with my case. Anyone else have suggestions for a different brand.

2. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

WrapSol, $20 at Walmart or just use static shields from Power Support

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

No offense, but applying these things wrong is ALL USER ERROR. Blame yourself, never once have I gotten bubbles on my Wrapsol, PS, Zagg or BodyGuard....like I said, its USER ERROR. Dont blame them, for you not knowing what you're doing!

4. brandon2886 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've applied a few different screen protectors and this was by far the worst. I followed direction to a T and still bubbles every time.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

So that equals user error....you read it and still messed it up. What did I state that was wrong?:confused:

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

use a wet solution and that will make it much easier to install one teaspon of soap to one cup of water, i used this method on wrapsol and bodyguardz and it worked fine no bubbles.

7. NLUCS macrumors newbie

I don't know how long you let the protectors set on your device, but the BodyGuardz do take 24 to 48 hours to fully cure and the bubbles will resolve themselves. If you are still having issues after 48 hours contact support@nluproducts.com and they are happy to help you with any issues.

8. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

This.

The wet installs are fine as long as you wait for it to cure. They can take some time even if it is installed correctly. The air bubbles and excess water actually disappears over time by escaping through the breathable portions of the skin.

The Dry Apply actually took 4 days to fully settle in. It was usuable immediately but a couple small bubbles were still visible until almost a week later.

9. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I agree. With wet install it's imperative to let it cure or else they can shift around.