Bodyguardz vs Invisible Shield REVIEW

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sadfaceman, Jul 16, 2008.

1. sadfaceman macrumors newbie

There have been many People asking about the differences between bodyguardz and invisible shield products. I was fortunate enough to order an Invisible Shield well before they shipped, and got it the same day the iPhone was released. I was quite inexperienced when I first put on the Invisible Shield - and I really had a horrible time putting it on, and it just didn't fit quite right. I immediately ordered the bodyguardz, and just put it on today.

I would have to say that I am really impressed with the quality. The bodyguardz material seems to be a lot less stretchy; which I see as a positive, i stretched out the Invisible Shield on the top a bit, and it never fit quite right. Its difficult to describe, but the "tabs" to cover the corners on the Invisible Shield are connected to one edge, whereas the "tabs" on the bodyguardz are split between the two connecting edges- so there is a little more play and room for error.

Honestly, the only thing I liked better about the Invisible Shield was the squeegee - they give a very nice rubber one, whereas bodyguardz essentially gives a business card.

Additionally, I have absolutly no problem with Zagg, or the Invisible Shield product. Their customer service is fantastic; it was a pleasure working with them the entire way - and glady allowed me to return my Invisible Shield.

Edit: all the pics are of the bodyguardz; about 10min after i put it on, so most of the bubbles should disappear as well

Attached Files:

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Looks great on the white one. Good job. my wife will be happy if I can do it correctly. :)

3. loving3g macrumors newbie

where to purchase body guards?

Can you tell me who sells the body guards? Is it really stronger and better than invisishield? Invisishield has always been the best and could not allow any damage to your phone. Any advice would be great.

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Nice review sadfaceman. I was wondering which of the two to get. Bodyguardz is great because you also get two full body shields for the same price of the Invisible Shield. Only thing is, Bodyguardz shipping to Canada isn't cheap. $16, where as ZAGG has free shipping.

5. sadfaceman thread starter macrumors newbie

www.bodyguardz.com

while I wouldn't really say that the bodyguardz is stronger than Invisible shield; the bodyguardz really is a lot less textured, and feels more like the original naked iPhone. As for strength, I would say they both offer comparable protection; I just prefer the fit of the bodyguardz.

The whole experience was better with bodyguardz. For example, the Invisible Shield sticker is just one piece of the material, with perforated edges and holes; whereas the Bodyguardz actually had the excess material already removed.

6. iqwertyi macrumors regular

My brother got his Bodyguradz and unfortunately, his experience wasn't as good. He absolutely hated it, threw it out and ordered the Invisible Shield hoping it will be better.

He has installed skins before on his Touch and iPod, so it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing. He says it just didn't install properly, but since I didn't see him actually installing it, I can't tell you first hand if it was him or the product.

Anyway, he could just have had a fluke one, but just thought I'd mention his experience on it.

7. sadfaceman thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting, I hope his experience with invisible shield goes better than mine! Like I said before, I fouled my IS up when I first put it on; If there didn't seem to be such a long wait for them now, I probably would have just asked for a new one, or just bought a second from them. However, in hindsight - i'm glad I bought the bodyguardz.

Good luck with Zagg!

8. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the great comparison with PICS!!!
    I just cancelled my Zagg order over the phone, no problems they were very nice, ordered BodyGuardz with ''phoneshow'' code for 10% off.
    22.50 shipped,

I loved the video on BodyGuardz's website of them putting it on the iPhone 3G, you guys should watch it for help.

I'll post pics/review once I get it and put it on.

9. pflau macrumors 6502

f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck!!!

I listen to the Applie Phone Show every darn week and I totally forgot the phoneshow promotion when I ordered!!!

10. vorb macrumors newbie

Bodyguardz vs invisibleSHIELD comparison

I searched for bodyguardz vs invisibleSHIELD comparison and got mixed reviews:

Pro InvisibleSHIELD:
    AndroidCommunity
    Zagg compilation

Pro Bodyguardz:
    TreoCentral, but note they may be biased because they sell Bodyguardz and don't sell invisibleSHIELD.
    Bodyguards compilation

iLounge Rankings:
    1. FullBodyFilms Score of A- (lower price $17, anti-glare, resists finger prints)
    2. Bodyguardz. Score of B+ (more expensive $25 price but comes with 2 films in case there is a problem with first installation)
    3. invisibleSHIELD. Score of B+ (not as smooth but more complete coverage on corners)

I like the PROS/CONS for invisibleSHIELD in the JustAnotherIphoneBlog and AppleiPhoneReview:
    Pros:
    * Keys, Razor Blades, Pens, Pockets … you name it, you don’t have to fear it.
    * Lifetime Warranty. 30 Day Money Back. [update: IF your IS yellows, they will send a free replacement!]
    * Peace of mind.
    * “Grippy” - compared to the slickness of the sides on the iPhone itself, I’m a lot less worried about the iPhone sliding out of my hands.
    * Makes smudges less visible
    * Conforms well to iPhone; hardly noticeable
    * Adds no bulk to your

Cons:
    * Installation/Application is a pain
    * Looong dry time
    * Orange Peel looks, Reflectivity of the screen, “grabby” feel if you’re a fingernail slider.
    * Hard to keep out lint
    * A little pricey at $25 for front & back films

I also did a search for Discount Codes:
    invisibleSHIELD
    * Retailmenot (20% off discount codes)
    * Remember you buy 3 or more items you get 30% off [update: I think this no longer applies, but you can get free shipping to lower 48 states with a purchase over $30]
    * Facebook page has daily (M-F) discount codes over 20% off in the notes section
    * variety of ZAGG discount codes for invisible shield here, too: www.codes4discount.com
    * Free iPad Giveaway and discount codes up to 50% off promo here.

Bodyguardz
    * Retailmenot (apparently no codes now)
    * tjoos (not sure if it works)

I think it is a toss-up between Bodyguardz and invisibleSHIELD, but getting 20%+ off of invisibleSHIELD and free shipping makes me lean towards invisibleSHIELD. [Update: you can now order just the back side of an invisibleSHIELD for iPhone 3G for $15.16 after 20% discount]

11. army91c macrumors 6502a

I have used both.... I have the I/S on at the moment.

I do like the BG better in that, as some one already stated you get 2 for the price of one IS. I also like the way the BG is one piece which covers both the phone and silver bezel, IS has a top and bottom piece that you need to put on (I didn't even bother with those). I like the material of the IS better, it stays on better, but seems to have yellowed over time and the BG didn't. BG does give you free replacement just pay shipping and send your old one back in.... this is for life. Not sure if IS offers such a warranty.

One thing I found with both, if you have a scratch on your screen both will make it "disappear" :)

Pros IS:
    Nicer material
    Stays put longer
    Has home button cover

Pros BG:
    2 for the price of one IS
    One piece coverage for phone/bezel
    Life time free replacement
    Does not yellow over time (my experience)

Cons IS:
    Seems to have yellowed over time
    Seperate top and bottom bezel covers

Cons BG:
    Not as nice material, but still good
    Does not have home button cover
    Peels up on edges faster

Both give great coverage/safety, but for me the BG is a better deal. Plus the yellowing effect of IS is really not cool..... The 2 for one and free replacement is why I like BG better.

12. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I know a lot of people replace their iphones because of light leaks, the phone not working properly, etc. Can you reuse either of these or is it "once they're on they're on" kind of deal. That would be my only concern when I buy an iphone and most likely the Zagg shield, is what happens to my cover? Do I have to buy a new one? Will Zagg send a replacement if I take the one off the iphone I am trading in? Or can it be taken off one iphone and put onto another? Thanks in advance for the help

13. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Those skins are a one time deal, once on you can't reapply them however Zagg comes with a lifetime warranty, and all they ask is to send the old one back to them and they'll ship you out a new one. You can find more info from their website. Basically you only have to pay shipping of $4 (correct me if I'm wrong) So you'll contact them, tell them you're gonna have your iPhone replaced/traded in and you want a new shield, they'll ship you a new one then after receiving it, you need to ship the old one back.

14. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I do remember reading that the Zagg has a lifetime warranty like one of those "If it every scratches or damages we'll replace it." If I had to get a new iphone I didn't know if that would could since there isn't anything wrong with the shield, and I'd be SOL. Thanks for the info though.

15. atraub1 macrumors newbie

invisible shield vs. bodyguardz

Both are decent products. There are some coupons for free trials.

Use http://dealtherapy.com . They usually keep on top of both coupons.