bogus silverlight plug in update window pop up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pdonofrio, Feb 13, 2010.

1. pdonofrio macrumors newbie

I have a macbook and everytime i start safari, a pop uo appears warning me that my silverlight plug in for microsoft has expired and tries to direct me to a go2.microsoft page...i click no but it pops up everytime. it has been happening for several days. i ran cleanmymac and its still happening. how to i get rid of this?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. pdonofrio thread starter macrumors newbie

4. pdonofrio thread starter macrumors newbie

Changed my homepage and it no longer pops up...thanks

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

MSN does actually have a silverlight plugin on the main page... why do you think the pop-up is bogus? Why don't you just update your copy of silverlight and get it over with? :p

6. galaxy4902 macrumors newbie

That's a condescending attitude from the "Moderator". When is the last time you agreed to download a spontaneous "pop-up" from an unknown source?

At least pdonofrio asked the question before downloading something s/he wasn't familiar with.

Get off your high-horse

7. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

But they didn't ask. They just decided it was bogus for some reason.

8. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Don't be so sensitive, his response was perfect.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your first and only post in the forum, and you use it to criticize a moderator for offering a helpful suggestion. You offered no help to anyone. Why don't you go back where you came from and leave the forum to those who actually have something constructive to contribute.

Also, mkrishnan did NOT suggest downloading anything from an "unknown source". MSN and Microsoft are quite well-known. mkrishnan suggested the OP update their copy of silverlight, not downloading something from an unknown source. Learn to read!