Bold OP's username in Forum Spy

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by lbro, Sep 29, 2010.

1. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

I wouldn't mind having the option to bold the OP's username in Forum Spy so I could see whenever the OP replies to their own thread. What do you guys think?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I like that idea. Not annoying, and a useful piece of info for when you are trying to answer someone's question.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I would like this. Also, a different color for threads in which you have posted would be nice.

4. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

These both would be very nice. Maybe not Bold and Different Colors specifically, just anything that would help differentiate the two.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

http://forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode: then set it to the notification level you want (email, no email etc).

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

There is a check mark next to threads you have posted in if you have activated auto-subscription in your preferences pane.

Otherwise I think the bolded name is a good idea for thread starters. It could also be accomplished by a highlight color or something similar.

7. lbro thread starter macrumors 6502a

lbro

Could one of the mods/gods please bring some input?

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Give them time. :) It's a technical thing they'll have to discuss at various levels and then check out whether these ideas are even possible, let alone desirable, especially as site redesign stuff is possibly still moving forward.